X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

DL I can make you a 5 rnd. Grrr- P mag. It would be Dec. before I can make 1, tho.

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Has any one looked at putting a reinforcing band ( aluminum or ? ) around the mag just below the mag well mouth? Just thinking out loud

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by just_john View Post
        Has any one looked at putting a reinforcing band ( aluminum or ? ) around the mag just below the mag well mouth? Just thinking out loud
        Sounds like a good idea but if the mag is already tight the band would have to be really thin to even fit and would then probably be too flexible.

I like your thinking. You are thinking outside the box.

What about internal metal reinforcement? I seem to remember space on each side of the follower when I was looking at this problem in the past.

Comment

• sneaky one
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Guys, that is the Lancer mag idea- kinda.

Comment

• joedirt199
            Warrior
            • Jul 2015

A 10rd .223 pmag will hold 5 grendel rounds just fine and not bulge. Functioned fine in my gun. Use the mag for hunting.

Comment

• bj139
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by joedirt199 View Post
              A 10rd .223 pmag will hold 5 grendel rounds just fine and not bulge. Functioned fine in my gun. Use the mag for hunting.
              I can get three in a Pmag without the mag dragging in the magwell.
              Maybe magwell widths vary among manufacturers.

Comment

• Mopardoctor
                Warrior
                • Apr 2015

I could get a 10 round P-Mag to take 5 but you had to squeeze it and push to get it into the mag well. They will not push out when released, you must pull it out if loaded with five. The P-Mag functions much better when loaded with 3 or 4.

Mopar Doctor

Comment

• 03vulcan
                  Unwashed
                  • Jun 2018

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                  DL I can make you a 5 rnd. Grrr- P mag. It would be Dec. before I can make 1, tho.
                  I live in the communist state of NY so have to pin my mag to the lower permanently. Grew up in Cambridge MN before doing 20 yrs in the Army and ending up here. I would like to pin a 10rd PMAG that I can convert to 5rd by changing Mag inner parts to use for hunting. Kind of best of both worlds sine I am stuck with whatever I install for mag. Are you still willing to make these?

Comment

Working...
                  X