X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • howl
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Sweet. Somebody go shoot some drywall with them.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by hikfromstik View Post
      Could federal drop the AE 120gr line and put these in its place. These are more in line with American eagle prices ( kinda ) . Midway has them for $47 and change per 50. I see these dropping price in the next month or so just like the Hornady black ELD match did . I wonder what kind of accuracy we can expect from these ? My Howa 223 doesn't like the AE 50gr jhp ( varmint ) too much ( 2.0"@100yds ).
      I would like to see the 120gr BTHP replaced with the 107gr SMK.

That would be a great offering from them in its place, since the 107gr SMK has about the same BC as the discontinued 123gr AMAX, but can fly a bit faster. Will make a flat-shooting target load for competition.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• hikfromstik
        Warrior
        • Oct 2016

I have a feeling that these aren't going to be match grade accuracy. I hope I'm wrong . If they are better than the AE 120gr otm than I'll be happy . Maybe I'm too caught up with the whole match grade accuracy thing in my firearms ? Who knows ?

Comment

• am4966
          Chieftain
          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by hikfromstik View Post
          I have a feeling that these aren't going to be match grade accuracy. I hope I'm wrong . If they are better than the AE 120gr otm than I'll be happy . Maybe I'm too caught up with the whole match grade accuracy thing in my firearms ? Who knows ?
          It's a varmint bullet and depending on shooter and rifle you can see match grade accuracy. Upto a certain point, but not as far as a match grade bullet will give.
          12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
          Surge - Rugged Suppressor
          Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• BjornF16
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by howl View Post
            Sweet. Somebody go shoot some drywall with them.
            Got some on order...will test on faux wall
            LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
            Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

More will follow on the Feddy stuff. Details are being worked on. The local Feddy plant - I sent them the Handbooks, that I wanted to make--- yet short on time, I recommended that a group take over that idea--- hence the 3 in the handbook as authors.

---- They sent me the 2 books , to give to the 2 Engineers at local plant , to use as a start point - to swap to Alliant powders, and a few more bullets that a few of us have designed . I was getting live fire data on the cell, as it happened- 200 yds. with the 120 Hornady amax was 1/2" groups @. Test bbl.

That's why they bought , load and sell them, plus they must have used a coupon for a sale event? They do shoot well.

As a component pill - check around- cheap items are out there.

It took a stick of dynomite! to get the wheel rolling here in the upper Midwest Feddy plant. Old dudes have no forsight left,,,,or so it seemed at the time.

Now things are on a Fast Track to get to market! I have been way busy for 5 years on this,,, I need a vacation..

Go lighter on wt. for drywall, more frangible idea. Think- plastic bullets----- pistol cals. have a slower rate for plastic bullets- much safer for next door naybs.
              Last edited by sneaky one; 02-07-2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Dinny
                Warrior
                • Jun 2016

I just received a 50rd box of the Federal ammo with 90gr TNT bullets. I plan to shoot some in the near future. Box says 3000fps MV. I'll let you know how close I get to that with my Howa Mini.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Does it say what bbl length for 3000 fps? Probably 24, right?
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Dinny
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                    No barrel length mentioned on the box.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• 1075 tech
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2015

optimized for use in modern sporting rifles and peak ballistic performance through short barrels.

Comment

• hikfromstik
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                        24" with a 1-14 twist test barrel , lol

Comment

• Burtj
                          Unwashed
                          • Dec 2016

I'm looking forward to seeing a range report in these. I've been looking for a good coyote round.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2015

I forgot too take some pics but will do so next week when I get back to the range but I was putting five shots around inch and half from my JP barrel. That's more then good enough for me to kill yotes.

Groups might have been better at the other range I go to they have a much better set-up and new equipment that ain't wore out and or froze up.

Will update next week with pics.

Comment

• BjornF16
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2011

Just notified that my MidwayUSA TNT order arrived...should have some CQB distance drywall results this weekend.
                              LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                              Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• hikfromstik
                                Warrior
                                • Oct 2016

I just got my AE 90gr in from midway too . If they shoot as good as they look I'll be very happy . Very good polished case and bullet with primer sealed in the federal greenish blue sealant. The projectile has a cannelure and micro cuts long ways near the tip to help it open more for varmints, but other than that they look like the 120 otm . I'm very interested in gel test . should open at low velocity and expand bigger than non varmint style ( AE 120 otm ) Gonna shoot some tomorrow or Saturday unless wind is over 15mph. The bullet is also a hair longer than the 120 otm .
                                Last edited by hikfromstik; 02-09-2017, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X