• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • King31
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2016

First Decent Group

I built my rifle about 2 months ago and up until today I had not shot a good group out of it. It was a nice, sunny 55 degrees the first weekend of February so I cannot complain! These were rounds 71-75 down the barrel at 105 yards and I hope everything continues to improve from here. My last upgrade will be a new trigger as my current PSA mil-spec trigger has quite a heavy pull. I have been shooting factory 123gr Hornady Amax and couldn't be happier after today. I'm looking at jumping into reloading soon as well!

Trevor | NRA Life Member
  • hikfromstik
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

Nice group !!! I had the biggest grin my first sub moa group . I remember I bought 2 boxes of Amax and 2 boxes of SST . I shot the SST boxes first and was getting .50" -.75"moa@100 then a few days later I shot the Amax and couldn't get under an inch @100yds. I thought my gun was messed up . I couldn't believe the SST hunting round out shot the match Amax . I just about lost a night of sleep trying to figure out what happened. My next ammo order I got more SST's and then my group got back to sub moa .that's when I knew I was infected with the grendel bug . Since then I've bought every part that can increase accuracy that I can afford . I built a very heavy shooting bench that helped more than anything.

Comment

• jim_bob
      Warrior
      • Jul 2014

Nice shooting!

Comment

• King31
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by hikfromstik View Post
        Nice group !!! I had the biggest grin my first sub moa group . I remember I bought 2 boxes of Amax and 2 boxes of SST . I shot the SST boxes first and was getting .50" -.75"moa@100 then a few days later I shot the Amax and couldn't get under an inch @100yds. I thought my gun was messed up . I couldn't believe the SST hunting round out shot the match Amax . I just about lost a night of sleep trying to figure out what happened. My next ammo order I got more SST's and then my group got back to sub moa .that's when I knew I was infected with the grendel bug . Since then I've bought every part that can increase accuracy that I can afford . I built a very heavy shooting bench that helped more than anything.
        That is a good suggestion. I was using a picnic table that was pretty sturdy, but I am sure it could be improved. I definitely will be trying some SST and ELD now that AMAXs are discontinued. That big grin you are talking about was on my face afterwards, thats for sure! Thanks!
        Trevor | NRA Life Member

Comment

• ricsmall
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

The new trigger and practice should make a big difference

Richard
          Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• A.D.D. AR
            Warrior
            • Oct 2014

Nice shooting, especially for a mil spec trigger!

-mike

Comment

• Frank45
              Warrior
              • Mar 2016

Nice shooting and a good looking rifle! Good luck deciding on a trigger. My vote is for Geissele but I haven't tried anything else but a spikes enhanced and mil spec

Comment

Working...
              X