Next Faxon SBR/pistol GB length and material?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Profit Joseph Sith
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

Options my man, options. I'd keep mine as a pistol sbr. Id just prefer to have slightly more length than a 12. Seeing how I already have my 12's now ;p

Comment

• Bradpierson26
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2016

Well ignore my vote for 14.5" lol
      Just bought a 16" last night to cut down

Comment

• mat
        Unwashed
        • May 2017

I'd really like to see another 11.5-12.5 group buy. I missed the first two.

Comment

• sagillman
          Unwashed
          • Apr 2017

Originally posted by mat View Post
          I'd really like to see another 11.5-12.5 group buy. I missed the first two.
          this!

Comment

• Jakegsxr11
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

10.5....I'd love one. Way better than 5.56 or 300 blk. If you want short you might as well go short. Material doesn't matter to me. I would consider 12.5 but not any longer.

Comment

• Bigs28
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2016

Allot of the suppressors I've seen are only rated down to around 11.5-12.5"s.

Comment

• rommeld
                Unwashed
                • Aug 2016

Thought I would revive this to see if there was still any interest in the 13.7,14,14.5. I have a 13.7 5.56 that I love, short enough to be handy without to much loss in efficiency...I would love to have my grendel in 13.7, but 14 or 14.5 would be cool as well...I would be in for at least 3!!!...Anyone?

Comment

• Redomen
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2016

Comment

• AlphaOperator
                    Unwashed
                    • Jul 2017

Originally posted by rommeld View Post
                    Thought I would revive this to see if there was still any interest in the 13.7,14,14.5. I have a 13.7 5.56 that I love, short enough to be handy without to much loss in efficiency...I would love to have my grendel in 13.7, but 14 or 14.5 would be cool as well...I would be in for at least 3!!!...Anyone?
                    I think another run should be around 13.5"/13.7" so that way we can run many or nearly all the the "rifle length" handguards.

A good number of the 12" handguards on the market actually measure anywhere from 12.25" up to 12.625" or more, which obviously won't work with a 12" or even a 12.7" barrel.

My 2 cents fwiw

Comment

• rommeld
                      Unwashed
                      • Aug 2016

love the way your thinking AlphaOp...I really would love the 13.7.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

13.875" with a lot of the muzzle brakes out there makes a legal 16" when pinned and welded, thus allowing whatever buttstock you want.

I was just looking at what it would take to make legal length with my LaRue TranQuilo brake, as the brake is 2.125" from muzzle to tip of the brake.

I think the Dead Air brake is about the same as that. Someone with a Dead Air brake would have to measure.

Material-wise, the main people that would benefit from 4150 CMV Mil-Std steel would be those with machine-gun lowers.

A nitrided stainless barrel will last you for a long, long time.
                        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2015

I didn't vote cause I really don't see myself wanting to go pin and weld would rather have a true light weight 16 inch for making anouther defensive weapon/ stalking gun.

Comment

• am4966
                            Chieftain
                            • Jul 2014

12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                            Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                            Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2015

Didn't want to start a new post so I'm going to drop this here.

What is the difference in weight from 16 inch with a2 hider compared to a 14 with a extended a2 hider.

I'm in the works of building up a carbine gased 16 inch but since my last post on their thread it has me thinking.

Need some intel, what's the longest muzzle attachment flash hider wise and shortest barrel combo that will make 16 inch's?

Comment

• LRRPF52
                                Super Moderator
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                                Didn't want to start a new post so I'm going to drop this here.

What is the difference in weight from 16 inch with a2 hider compared to a 14 with a extended a2 hider.

I'm in the works of building up a carbine gased 16 inch but since my last post on their thread it has me thinking.

Need some intel, what's the longest muzzle attachment flash hider wise and shortest barrel combo that will make 16 inch's?
                                I think it's going to be 13 7/8" with the LaRue TranQuilo brake, or the Dead Air brake.
                                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                                X