X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Profit Joseph Sith
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

So after a big shooting trip this last weekend with a few buddies (and a new buddy with a light fifty Hooah!) I got to try the CZ again and finally got to shoot the XDM 5.25 side by side and i have to say i REALLY liked that CZ could hit all day long without hardly trying. I've decidied I'm going to gamble a little and try their P09. Should be almost exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks everyone for reccomendations and suggestions!

Comment

• Jakal
      Warrior
      • May 2014

Can' t go wrong with a CZ. I commend you on your choice. Look at Elander mags for spares.
      ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• davidj
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

My favorite 9mm is a colt commander 38 super.
        Never walk away from home ahead of your axe and sword. You can't feel a battle in your bones or foresee a fight. -The Havamal

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

Yeah i might get into that cal. In my Glock 21 .40 super 10mm and 9x21 Dillon and 45 super may be on the list. Looking forward to getting into a little wilde catting eventually. Just looking for a super solid factory 9mm now.

Comment

• Schrambo
            Warrior
            • Oct 2016

HK P30 and P30SK... V3 Decockers... Larger capacity mags work on the smaller SK and both sport threaded barrels... For the Trident9... Yeah I know, old school these days...

Comment

• ripcord
              Bloodstained
              • May 2016

My favorite and EDC gun is the Smith & Wesson M & P Compact.

Comment

• Redomen
                Warrior
                • Jun 2016

Sig P320

Comment

• Christopher67
                  Warrior
                  • May 2015

Given the choices in the poll, Walther PPQ hands down.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Klem View Post
                    Glock-19 for me.

Have you tried the replacement Glock sear by Ghost. Drops the pull to 3.5lbs and eliminates overtravel. That and some work with a Dremel polisher changes everything. Hate to see you throw the baby out with the bathwater.
                    Yup. And they don't break in -30˚C conditions.

I've seen a CZ75 break the slide stop shaft in -30˚C during a 3-day winter Tactical Pistol Course in Finland, run by FDF.

Glocks and M&Ps were covered in ice, sleet, snow, and kept trucking like no tomorrow.

We did a lot of malfunction drills in that course, with tons of dummy cartridges to induce various malfs.

Culmination test was with snowballs being thrown at you by a full assault line of cadre, while you had to correct 3 types of malfunctions on 3 different pistols, then get them firing, and move onto the next.

They used Glocks for the final test. The pistols were abused every which way but Sunday, packed with ice, thrown here and there, beaten on by attendees trying to get them running from the purposely induced malfs.

They just kept running and running.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• babue
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2011

RMR'ed full size M&P in 9mm is my EDC gun. I have a compact M&P but it is so easy to carry a full size in an appendix holster I just never carry the compact any more.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2016

Dang, I need quit looking at these things! LOL I think I've talked myself into 3 of these!!! Help! Like I posted over in the 12" GB I saw these were just released for pre order in a email flyer today. I think I'm going to have to bite that bait!
                        I saw polymer80's new Glock 19 frame they just released for pre order it's pretty sexy no?
                        And they are also releasing a version for home mod. Stippling etc.
                        And the best news (for me at least) is I already emailed them about a large frame version for 20/21 and they said it's already in the works hopefully by end of the year. Cha ching!!!

I was also checking out my buddy's Smith and Wesson I think sigma's which if I'm not mistaken are the same ergo's as the M&P's and I've seen how they group was pretty dang impressive!

And I just can't quit lusting after the CZ. I was short on semi auto pistols anyway. I have a Ruger charger first gen and I bunch of other .22's ruger Mark Twain's a python and 92fs so I need some more "serious" toys.
                        Looks like quite a few people have pairs of these great little plinkers as well mine late the same as this pair:

So thanks for all your help in keeping my wallet drained lol.
                        Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 04-12-2017, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Aged1
                          Bloodstained
                          • Feb 2017

Three 9mm, all Sig's . My EDC is 938 with Hogue grips. Never had a problem.

Comment

• Roadie
                            Bloodstained
                            • Mar 2017

I bought a CZ-75B about 15 years ago and while I love the gun personally I found it too heavy for my EDC. That gun hasn't been fired in probably 3 years. I use the M&P compact and while restricted on rounds it's a joy to carry. Of course I'm old/big so maybe the CZ would be easier to carry for someone young/fit.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2016

I actually kinda like a hefty pistol, I just don't want to hike/camp with one. I'm specifically looking for polymer framed pistols. I was going to get a 10mm slide for my g21 but now I'll be getting one for the new polymer80 lower once it's released. Im sure I'll get one of their g19 frames and maybe a Suarez slide and Apex tigger. And probably end up getting the CZ P-09 as well. That variety should keep me VERY happy for QUITE a while. Maybe forever. (Practically speaking ) I actually do the want to many guns I feel like I already have to many to clean..

Comment

• grayfox
                                Chieftain
                                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
                                Yeah glock 20 will be my primary everything EDC great round. And in a pinch could also somewhat use .40 if desperate. Want a nice 9mm backup for maybe two man team or stashing whatever. Whats the saying one is none..
                                On the two is one, I'm a 9mm Springfield XD (4" bbl) and the lil brother, XD compact (3.5 I think). the lil guy can use the big ones' mags. for bigger holes, 45 still punches well. teotwawki- wise, that is.
                                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X