Federal & Berger team up on the 130 Hybrid for Grendel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Federal & Berger team up on the 130 Hybrid for Grendel!

Among a few other rounds, Doc Beech, from Berger, mentions in their Weekly Update - February Week 1:
    Berger Bullets has partnered with Federal Premium Ammunition to bring you a new line of match ammo.

*this is a prelimnary offering, more ammo will be released than this*

6.5 Creedmoor with 130 AR Hybrid
    6.5 Grendal(sic) with 130 AR Hybrid
    .308 Win with 185 OTM Tactical Juggernauts
    .223 Rem with 73 BTHP
    Last edited by NugginFutz; 02-10-2017, 03:59 AM. Reason: corrected title
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

Watched this earlier today. Exciting news! Hornady would be wise to produce a load with their 130gr ELD-M and see that its priced competitively (meaning less than the Federal Gold Metal Berger). Seems that Federal is working hard to take some Grendel market share. Hornady shouldn't make it easy.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• jpm98vmi
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2016

Always exciting to see more options in the market.

Federal's parent company, Vista Outdoors, also owns Alliant Powder and Speer Bullets. Granted, many of you already knew that. I share this because I find it mildly amusing that Alexander Arms and Alliant are next door neighbors (theoretically) at the Radford Army Arsenal as tenant businesses. Imagine if what a little colaboration between the two of them could do. But I digress.

A listing of all the Vista Outdoors holdings, for reference: http://www.alliantpowder.com/general/about_us.aspx

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Still waiting...
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• HillclimberCR500
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2016

Midway had an expected arrival date that has come and gone like 3 times. Has anybody tried the .308 or 6.5 creed versions. Those all showed up and are out of stock again. But atleast they showed up.

Comment

• Boostmeister
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2014

While I appreciate that the posting was about loaded ammo, I have been shooting the 185 gr Juggernaut bullet over 48.5 gr of 2000 MR in my Savage F/TR rifle with outstanding results. I'm seeing just over 2900 fps with best accuracy at 47.5 gr and 2850 fps. I also have a bunch of the 130 gr Bergers on hand, but have not had the opportunity to perform any load testing yet. I'll be anxious to get my hands on some factory loads to see how they compare.

Comment

• kmon
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2015

If they ever get these out I expect them to be very good accuracy doing load workup with the 130 hybrids I had no load that shot over MOA. Have since taken them to 600 yards and really like the bullet for accuracy

Comment

• Kilco
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2016

Wondering how they will perform from a 16" tube..

Comment

• kmon
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
                  Wondering how they will perform from a 16" tube..
                  I expect they will do fine from a 16 inch barrel. The BC is high enough they just don't like to slow down, PF also offers loads with these bullets. My best accuracy load from a 22 inch barrel boltaction and it also works well from a 24 inch barreled AR starts from the 22 inch at 2450.

Comment

Working...
                  X