X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

I'm with Bjornf16, something smells, very very fishy with AZBackcountry's post.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
      Warrior
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by AZBackcountry View Post
      Most Mosin Nagants have better tooling and crown than my AA barrel crown.
      Just got to work and now I have a burning desire to run home and compare with my '43 ex sniper...

I have seen a lot worse crowns on AR's though.

Do more pics exist of the unmarked barrel that show more of it?
      Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 04-21-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• AZBackcountry
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2016

For you doubting Thomas's, The picture I just took is my 6.5 Grendel with the JP Supermatch, Aero Enhanced upper and lower and Leupold scope that shoots 3/8th MOA with the unmarked AA barrel that shoot 7 MOA in front. Notice that there are no marking on the barrel. Is that even legal for AA to send me a barrel like that? The AA barrel was on this exact same upper with an AA matching bolt. When it shot pathetic, I ordered the JP barrel and installed it without adjusting anything. Oh, the gas block was adjusted the same as the JP block and I had a different break because of thread size.
        JP Barrel Grendel and no markings AA Barrel.jpg
        Life is fun when your ammo budget is more than your house payment.

Comment

• AZBackcountry
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2016

This is a picture of the AA barrel that I sent back to show that I did buy the barrel from AA directly.
          Alexander Arms 65 Grendel 1-9 twist Sent Back.jpg

Comment

• Drillboss
            Warrior
            • Jan 2015

When was AA offering non-fluted barrels? All that I've seen on their site are fluted.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

What did AA say about the unmarked 7moa barrel?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

AA didn't tell him nothing because he stated he didn't send the second barrel back he keep it even though he couldn't get more then 7moa out of it and then went and bought a JP barrel.

So instead of letting the retailer fix the problem he keep it and is now bad mouthing the retailer.

And Drillboss made a good point I have never seen AA barrel's that weren't fluted and his doesn't have fluting, like I said in my other post, if you buy a product and don't let the retailer fix the problem and then bad mouth the retailer and product that throws up red flags to me about the person's motives.

And in case someone try's to throw the AA fanboy card on me, most of my parts came from PF,JP and Anderson, have only done buisness with AA once, for a hoodie and a cleaning kit and mags.

Not trying to start a fight or be rude but I stand by my post his post smell fishy.

Comment

• Bigs28
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2016

Nm

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                    AA didn't tell him nothing because he stated he didn't send the second barrel back he keep it even though he couldn't get more then 7moa out of it and then went and bought a JP barrel.

So instead of letting the retailer fix the problem he keep it and is now bad mouthing the retailer.

And Drillboss made a good point I have never seen AA barrel's that weren't fluted and his doesn't have fluting, like I said in my other post, if you buy a product and don't let the retailer fix the problem and then bad mouth the retailer and product that throws up red flags to me about the person's motives.

And in case someone try's to throw the AA fanboy card on me, most of my parts came from PF,JP and Anderson, have only done buisness with AA once, for a hoodie and a cleaning kit and mags.

Not trying to start a fight or be rude but I stand by my post his post smell fishy.
                    AA could say something without him sending it back... but I was alluding to the same thing you said.

I bought a rifle that flat out would not feed or eject and popped primers out 1/32". Sent it back, they rebarreled it, got it to eject, threw a hand full of filings in the action (to aid break in?) Still wouldn't feed and they put the barrel on crooked (had sights on the barrel). Called them again and they asked if I wanted a completely new rifle or my money back. I went for the money. It is stupid to not stick up for yourself.
                    Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 04-23-2017, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• Sticks
                      Chieftain
                      • Dec 2016

Do we need to clarify which AA?

Alexander Arms?
                      Adams Arms?
                      Might be others....

Had a hard time remembering Precision Firearms (PF) and kept going to Performance Firearms (oh look, another "PF")
                      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                        Do we need to clarify which AA?

Alexander Arms?
                        Adams Arms?
                        Might be others....

Had a hard time remembering Precision Firearms (PF) and kept going to Performance Firearms (oh look, another "PF")
                        He said Alexander Arms in the first sentence of the first post.

Comment

• AZBackcountry
                          Bloodstained
                          • Nov 2016

February and March 2016 This is what I ordered but never received the correct twist. I wish I would have taken more pictures of the first barrel, but I trusted that AA was honest. I should have realized that when Matt sent me an email telling me that they did not have any more barrels with a 1:7.5 twist and they were still advertising it on their website that I was being lied to. That is what happens when you are too trusting.

AA email from Matt 3-3-16 edited.JPG

Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel still for sale 3-16.JPG

Comment

• AZBackcountry
                            Bloodstained
                            • Nov 2016

I kept the 2nd barrel after being told on the phone by Matt that Alexander Arms does not guarantee accuracy and it was all my fault. He accused me of poor installation and poor shooting skills. He did not want the 2nd unmarked barrel back, he only wanted the 1st one back that was marked. He told me if I wanted quality to buy a different barrel, so I bought what 65grendel forum members said was the best. And, they were correct, the JP Supermatch is excellent.

I was out the price of the 1st barrel and shipping it back already, and I was NOT going to be given a refund. Why would I spend more for shipping? I figured I would cut my losses.

I might weld it into an address post for my driveway entrance with some horseshoes and a shot out 243 barrel. The barrels would be great to run electric wires through.

As you can see in the pic of the 250 yards group with the JP Supermatch using the exact same upper and scope, box of Hornady ammo as I had used with the AA barrel that the problem was not me. The red dot is 1/2 inches in diameter. My adult son shoots even better groups with the rifle.
                            250yrdsJP65Grendel.jpg

Comment

• Drillboss
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2015

I'm still confused how this thread went from the original poster saying that he's happy with Alexander Arms and with Shilen, to the point that someone else is unhappy with a barrel configuration that (to the best of my knowledge) Alexander Arms never offered on their website.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2015

Drillboss, I will take some of the blame on derailing it.

And I'm glad the OP had a good outcome with is rifle one more in a long line of fine products turning into fine weapon's.

AZbackcountry really sir you need to get off that foolishness you spitting around, the fish smell has done turned rotten.

I'm sure I'm not helping by telling you that but it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X