Anyone with real experience with the new Bushnell Trophy Xtreme x30 line of scopes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maximus924
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2016

Anyone with real experience with the new Bushnell Trophy Xtreme x30 line of scopes?

Hey guys,
    I get that with optics, you typically get what you pay for. I also realize that Bushnell typically makes "OK" scopes, nothing overwhelming as they mass produce their products in china.

6-24x 50mm

All that said, I am not looking for a high end scope. I am looking for an affordable 24x zoom scope with a fair warranty, and I am thinking the new Trophy Xtreme MAY be an option, but I fear its more of the "get what you pay for" syndrome.... its priced in the $250 range for the 6-24x-50mm offering.

I have experience using my brothers Vortex Viper, and while I CAN afford it, I just cant justify the $600 price tag with my current life expenses...
    I am not in any hurry to make a decision, but there are just too many other things to spend that extra +/- $400 on that are more important....

Also, I would only REACH out the scope maybe 2 or 3 times a year target shooting. not anything I plan to do alot. just something I want to have the reach for... (800+ yards)

most of my shooting will be 400yrds or less.

will be mounting on a 6.5 Grendel AR, so recoil is also not a concern with the cheaper optic.

the trophy xtreme line seem to have a new "no questions asked, it COVERED" warranty which seems pretty legit at this pricepoint...

again, I know i am not going to have the clarity or low light visibility like a quality Nikon or Vortex optic, but i think for the price it may be enough of what I want. I know there are a ton of "buy once cry once" theorists on this forum, and if the Bushnell is really that bad I would have to consider going up in price, but I am not looking for people to just say "Bushnell or Vortex, DONT buy a bushnell" - hoping someone here may have gotten their hands on the Trophy Xtreme and may have a opinion of it? Its been out for a year and theres not a lot of press on this scope, which makes me nervous.

I will add that I have an AR Optics 223 scope in 18x zoom, and while its glass is no where near as clear as my 9x Burris, its totally acceptable. Only complaint is small eye relief window, but if thats all i have to content with I would be fine with that...

SOOOOO...... with all that said, anyone have any experience with the trophy xtreme?
  • maximus924
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2016

I didnt realize that the lesser vortex line, the Crossfire, had a 6x24. now i am going to have to do some more research.

between the unknown bushnell above, or the Vortex Crossfire II 6-24x50 AO...

Crossfire wont ever be as good as a viper, but its probably a solid scope for the price (+/- $50 more than the Bushnell, from $260-300)

Any Crossfire experiences?

Comment

• howl
      Warrior
      • Nov 2015

Usefully clear 24x for $250? Check out the SWFA SS line.

Comment

• hikfromstik
        Warrior
        • Oct 2016

Bushnell makes good quality scopes and have their new warranty that is better than some others . If you get a Vortex crossfire then I recommend buying it from optics planet or a place that will let you try before you buy . I bought my last scope from them and went 2 weeks before mounting it to see if I wanted to keep it . If you don't like it use your box that it was shipped in and send it back . Just don't mount it . They told me once it's been mounted that they can't take it back . Hope this helps

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by maximus924 View Post
          I didnt realize that the lesser vortex line, the Crossfire, had a 6x24. now i am going to have to do some more research.

between the unknown bushnell above, or the Vortex Crossfire II 6-24x50 AO...

Crossfire wont ever be as good as a viper, but its probably a solid scope for the price (+/- $50 more than the Bushnell, from $260-300)

Any Crossfire experiences?
          I have one of the Vortex and would recommend it!

Comment

• maximus924
            Unwashed
            • Dec 2016

using Jet.com discount I just decided to go with the Bushnell. China optics, maybe but no questions warranty and only a $195 + tax, and free shipping for a 6-24 scope... worth it to me, i will only reach beyond 18x a couple times a year so if its halfways clear ill be fine. I will try to report back for others who may be considering this scope...

The vortex was a real option, but for what I wanted to pay, the price was right in where I wanted to spend. Both have great warrantys, both appear to be made in China, hopefully I at least get what I paid for...

Shop Walmart.com today for Every Day Low Prices. Join Walmart+ for unlimited free delivery from your store & free shipping with no order minimum. Start your free 30-day trial now!

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Cool deal sir, give us a range report when you get it fitted and sighted in with the new glass.

Comment

• Cotay
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2017

Originally posted by maximus924 View Post
                using Jet.com discount I just decided to go with the Bushnell. China optics, maybe but no questions warranty and only a $195 + tax, and free shipping for a 6-24 scope... worth it to me, i will only reach beyond 18x a couple times a year so if its halfways clear ill be fine. I will try to report back for others who may be considering this scope...

The vortex was a real option, but for what I wanted to pay, the price was right in where I wanted to spend. Both have great warrantys, both appear to be made in China, hopefully I at least get what I paid for...

Shop Walmart.com today for Every Day Low Prices. Join Walmart+ for unlimited free delivery from your store & free shipping with no order minimum. Start your free 30-day trial now!
                Definitely let us know how you like it! Some consumer reviews say there is noticeable distortion along the edges of the glass so I'd be curious about your impressions.

I'm interested in either the Trophy Xtreme 2.5-15x50 or the Vortex Diamondback HP 3-12x42 for my 16" Grendel AR. I have a Diamondback HP 2-8x32 that is on the gun now, but I'm thinking of moving that to a dedicated 22lr upper.

Comment

Working...
                X