• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WillD
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2014

Houston, TX - Where do you shoot?

Greetings,

I just thought I'd see where the locals go to shoot and to get an idea how many locals there are here.

I was one of the original members of the American Shooting Center in George Bush Park and shot there regularly until I felt the crowd was getting too unruly, YMMV?

I joined ASC after hearing it was being built along the lines of the old Black Canyon Shooting Range on the Wickenburg Hwy. west of New River, AZ, another very nice range.

My gunsmith introduced me to Bayou Rifles a few years ago and I've never looked back except when the flood waters back up behind Barker Dam and close the Pistol, Airgun, and Rimfire rangs. The Juliff High Power range is very nice IMHO and has ranges out to 1000yds.

Bayou Rifles is a private club with limited membership. FYI if you are interested the membership is going to open for a very brief period in March for anyone who is interested. Go to the website https://www.bayourifles.org/ and check it out.

Safe shooting, Will
    Member since 03/2011, pre-SAAMI, Pre-crash
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

Gun range out Westhiemer past beltway 8 open to the public. All American Shooting something I think. Most all other is private and the waiting list is long. Clear Creek Gun Range and Texas City gun range both open to the public. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• 1911man
      Warrior
      • May 2015

Have any Houston or Central Texas guys attended any Matches hosted by Central Texas Precision? They host a match once a month at Cawthorn Cartridge Club in Navasota which is basically between Houston and College Station. Since I live on the Northwest side its only about a 45 minute drive for me.

Comment

• andrewtac
        Unwashed
        • Jun 2019

Mainly a pistol shooter, but we do have some rifle and trap at PSC, right between Alvin and Friendswood

Comment

Working...
        X