• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickt300
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

HOWA Mini, LeverEvolution and the 140 grain Sierra Gameking

Worked up from 27.0 grains and stopped at 29.0 grains. I used CCI 450 primers. COAL is 2.280 which is just off the lands. I started getting the barest of primer cratering, hardly visible to the eye yet the primers were rounded as new at the edges. I fired a total of 16 shots working up two rounds at a time in half grain increments. At 29.0 grains you could not detect powder movement in the case when shaken. I fired two 3 shot groups, one with 28.5 grains and the other 29.0 grains. With the lighter load I threw one shot a bit out to 2 oclock making a 1 1/8th inch spread. the 29.0 grain load put three just under an inch. They landed at the same point of aim as my 123 grain AMAX load. I should add that my targets are the black background with yellow diamonds and a little red diamond in the center. I hate these targets. I am sure I could shoot tighter groups with a target style I like. I have no chrony but feel these loads are safe in my rifle. Powder fouling is much less, hardly there actually compared to the 32.0 grains of LVR under the 123 gr.AMAX.
    Last edited by rickt300; 02-20-2017, 09:45 PM.
  • hikfromstik
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

Try a bubble level scope attachment such as the Vortex one to check and make sure you're level every shot . It's a must have for accuracy snobs such as myself , lol. Before I got one I would alway line up my cross hairs line to my lines on the " site in " targets . The shots were never at the same location as last shooting session. With the level I'm always on or very near bulls first shot. We'll worth the money .

Comment

• rickt300
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

I have to say I have a hard time with the red diamond inside of a yellow diamond on a black background style of target. The black background somewhat hides the location of the crosshairs, the small red triangle gets covered by the crosshairs and the thin yellow lines of the outline diamond are all you have to reference the crosshairs. Poor target design!

Comment

Working...
      X