• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickt300
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Grendel that looks just like the A3 rifle

I would like to have buy or build a 20 inch Grendel that looks just like the military rifle upper, flat top with front sight. Anyone making this or are the current available barrels capable of being set up like this?
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

J&T Distributing sells a Chrome lined or Chrome Moly 16" or 20" phospate barrel with fixed A-2 front sight tower. DSG Arms and CMMG sell fixed A-2 front sight towers with threaded holes for allen screws instead of taper pins. With the screw on Front sight tower and 4 set screws set in Locktite you should be able to use any .750 diameter barrel.

These barrels from J&T used to be 1:9 twist, I couldn't find the twist specified, you might give them a call. J&T have mil/LE discounts

Last edited by VASCAR2; 02-21-2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• rickt300
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

Thanks for the link, a good place to start.

Comment

• rickt300
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

I have an A3 upper in 5.56, so could I just get a barrel and BCG to reconfigure this upper to 6.5 Grendel?

Comment

• ricsmall
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by rickt300 View Post
          I have an A3 upper in 5.56, so could I just get a barrel and BCG to reconfigure this upper to 6.5 Grendel?
          Should be able to.
          Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

The bolt carrier is the same for 223/5.56 as 6.5 Grendel. So basically get your 20" 6.5 Grendel barrl plus 6.5 Grendel bolt and you could do the change from 223/5.56 to 6.5 Grendel. The 6.5 Grendel barrel will have different thread/pitch on the barrel and you'll need a different flash hider than what is on your 223/5.56 barrel.

Comment

• rickt300
              Warrior
              • Jan 2017

Good, project in motion.

Comment

• ScoutH57
                Bloodstained
                • Oct 2016

Did something similar myself:

Anyone ever done something similar before? Just for fun mostly, I like spending some time on Iron sights routinely. Think it would be fun to play with and to take hog hunting occasionally and like having a KISS rifle around too. There isn't anyone I'm missing that's making a 20 inch government profile 6 5 barrel with a

I'm pretty happy with the Doube Star barrel I got.

Comment

Working...
                X