• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Laugh of the day

Someone ordered 5 AR15 Build Boxes, then filed a complaint with PayPal stating that "the product is not as described-no contents".

I needed that humor today. Forget the fact that they are on sale for $9.95 (that will be changing). Anybody see what parts kits go for (minus lower which must go through an FFL anyway and can't be included in a parts kit)?

Here's the product description:
    With the growing trend of Do It Yourself AR15 enthusiasts, as well as the rapidly expanding industry of suppliers and shops specializing in AR15 parts, the problem of planning, organizing, storing, shipping, and tracking your different AR15 build projects has plagued those of us who have entered into this hobby.

The AR-15 Build Box offers a Do-It-Yourself integrated assembly, Build Guide, and storage product for the growing AR-15 market.

The AR15 Build Box provides the first-time builder, as well as seasoned gunsmith, an informational and organizational tool for professionally completing their next AR15 project. It also makes an excellent gift package for the AR15 enthusiast.

If you are asking how to build and AR-15 for the first time, or have built countless projects already, you'll find that the AR-15 Build Box really helps guide you through the process, identify what parts you still need, and also provides the most convenient storage and shipping option for AR-15 parts.

Whether you are having barrel work done, are sending off for coating, or are a shop specializing in selling AR15 parts, the AR15 Build Box makes packing and shipping a breeze, no more bubble wrap, popcorn, meat packing paper, or time-consuming packing processes.

We never got an email or anything from him either. Straight to dispute, which makes me suspect a scam from the start.
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 02-21-2017, 10:13 PM.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • 1075 tech
    Warrior
    • Apr 2015

I guess now when you'll have to add a disclaimer "Parts shown are for display purposes ONLY and are NOT included.".

BTW, just ordered the reloading books this morning. I'll let you know if there are missing pages.

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

"Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that."

George Carlin

You just crossed paths with the other half.
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• cory
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2012

That reminds me I need to order another box and set of books to go with this other 11.5" barrel I have for sale. Can you add the extra foam for the shorter barrel we discussed after I order the last set?

Thanks
        "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• JASmith
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2014

I remember TV commercials touting automobiles during the 1960s. They typically had a pretty girl standing next to or in the car.

There was a disclaimer "model not included" which struck me as odd.

The experience LRRPF52 suggests that some may have tried to get the girl too regardless of the obvious social and legal prohibitions for that kind of purchase.
          shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
          -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Klem
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

When I buy a new car advertised with an attractive lady in the glossy mags I expect the lady in the trunk...

Comment

• Texas
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2016

I will take all you can manufacture with all of the parts -- minus lower -- for $9.99, this person probably was not old enough to own a firearm.

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Texas- you probably got that right. There are some minors on here--- Post carefully dudes.

Think about this guys....
                Last edited by sneaky one; 02-22-2017, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by cory View Post
                  That reminds me I need to order another box and set of books to go with this other 11.5" barrel I have for sale. Can you add the extra foam for the shorter barrel we discussed after I order the last set?

Thanks
                  Got your order. Will do.

One thing that sells well is the barrel/bolt combo, some mags, handbooks, and Hornady dies for a starter kit.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Texas View Post
                    I will take all you can manufacture with all of the parts -- minus lower -- for $9.99, this person probably was not old enough to own a firearm.
                    We did some checking. Looks like it is the opposite in this case, I'm afraid.

While I was working today, I kept shaking my head. My first response was, "Some kid got a hold of mommy's PayPal account."

Nope. We're talking closer to retirement age.

I'm suspecting it's more of a scam, where the buyer hopes to keep the product, then sell it, after recouping their money from a PayPal dispute.

Shipping alone was about $50, and everything is as described. As a matter of fact, we went above and beyond and even included transparencies for the LPK diagram, taped to the inside lid.

My girls helped me assemble and fill all the boxes for fun, so we could get the order out ASAP. They are 5 and 3.

We're trying to teach them the value of honest business and how to take care of customers as best as you can.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• montana
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2011

This is a good life lesson for your daughters about the other element which dwells under rocks and in pond scum. This is not related but it does show a person doesn't have to take it, it also made me laugh.

Last edited by montana; 02-22-2017, 03:56 AM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

I haven't said anything to them about it.

I'm just taking it as humor really.

Maybe the customer really thought he was getting 5 AR15 parts kits, complete with lowers, uppers, barrels, BCGs, LPKs, furniture, etc. for $9.95 per?

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• montana
                          Chieftain
                          • Jun 2011

Part of the job dealing with the public I guess. This is why I work in remote areas, less public

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2012

To be fair...I thought it might have been too good to be true...but figured it wouldn't hurt to try to really make out on this deal.

Comment

• Klem
                              Chieftain
                              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                              We did some checking. Looks like it is the opposite in this case, I'm afraid.

While I was working today, I kept shaking my head. My first response was, "Some kid got a hold of mommy's PayPal account."

Nope. We're talking closer to retirement age.

I'm suspecting it's more of a scam, where the buyer hopes to keep the product, then sell it, after recouping their money from a PayPal dispute.

Shipping alone was about $50, and everything is as described. As a matter of fact, we went above and beyond and even included transparencies for the LPK diagram, taped to the inside lid.

My girls helped me assemble and fill all the boxes for fun, so we could get the order out ASAP. They are 5 and 3.

We're trying to teach them the value of honest business and how to take care of customers as best as you can.
                              On a more serious note I had my fingers burnt in a similar situation a while back on FleaBay. Some guy in Germany bought an IR laser module (clone) that I had. He gave the money and I sent him the item. He claims later he didn't get it and starts a Fleabay dispute. Fleabay decided in his favour because all I had was a receipt for a postal amount with no detail and no tracking. He got a refund via my bank account and I was left empty handed.

Was it a scam, I'll never know?

Comment

Working...
                              X