• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Picked up a Howa Mini Grendel Kryptek

These are just great-feeling little rifles.

Looking forward to getting it out to shoot.

Sourcing a Warne right now.

The action is very smooth on these.

Got the Outer Impact 20 MOA 1913 rail, Warne Low Rings, put on a Viper PST 2.5-10x44 MRAD

Last edited by LRRPF52; 03-16-2017, 02:38 AM.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Which barrel, looking forward to your range report!

Comment

• TropicalVibe
      Warrior
      • Mar 2015

For the warne 20moa, try Optics Planet. That was the only place I could find the mini action in stock.

Comment

• csmwhjones
        Unwashed
        • Aug 2016

OuterImpact 20 MOA rail for Howa Mini, fleabay 39.99 I have one on a chassis works great for me. I used the 0MOA on the LW Howa with nikon, spot on. Had to put the Outer Impact on the mini HB LSS Chassis to recenter the Vortex.

I have a spare Warne 0 MOA I will sell for $65 shipped CON US only.

Comment

• F224
          Unwashed
          • Apr 2016

Mine soots the 123gr Hornady A-max ammo into nice little .75" groups at 100 yards. It's a nice compact rifle.

Comment

• Barb Bush
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by csmwhjones View Post
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/Outerimpact-...MAAOSw5cNYaCZr

OuterImpact 20 MOA rail for Howa Mini, fleabay 39.99 I have one on a chassis works great for me. I used the 0MOA on the LW Howa with nikon, spot on. Had to put the Outer Impact on the mini HB LSS Chassis to recenter the Vortex.

I have a spare Warne 0 MOA I will sell for $65 shipped CON US only.
            Yep, installed the same on my Howa mini 6.5. Waiting for Boyd's Stock installation before shooting.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Just need the 20 MOA base and I'll throw on one of my floater Vortex PSTs.

I'm already thinking about a different stock.

I'll probably make something with my oldest daughter with her involvement that fits her better, with adjustable stock length to grow.

Maybe a chassis is the way to go for the future.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• kmon
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2015

Adjustable stock for Daughter reminds me of a conversation with a friend last week. He has about decided on a 20 inch heavy barrel with the LSS chassis for her first centerfire rifle. With that chassis and action it should still be plenty light weight.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

What ring heights are people finding clear the bolt handle with Vortex Viper PST?

I need to get this thing out and run some pressure ladders.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• ricsmall
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2014

LR, I'm running low rings on mine with a 40 mm leupy vx2. Thats with a 2 pc rem 700 base. Rear is windage type.

Richard
                    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Swinestalker
                      Unwashed
                      • Feb 2017

I recently put one of these actions in a Lss Chassis, cut barrrel to 16 inches and threaded it. Wow!!! What a splendid little tack driver it turned out to be. Tried it out on a Blackbuck and an Audad. It performed very well with the 123Amaxes. So much quieter suppressed without the action noise of the AR platform. My 13 year old son shot the blackbuck at about 200 yards. I will never forget the sound! It sounded like God thumped a watermelon!

Comment

• Hunter307
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jan 2017

How did it work on aoudad swinestalker? I plan to use mine the next time I draw a hunt. My 308 put one down quickly in January.

Comment

• Swinestalker
                          Unwashed
                          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Hunter307 View Post
                          How did it work on aoudad swinestalker? I plan to use mine the next time I draw a hunt. My 308 put one down quickly in January.
                          It did just fine. Slightly quartering away at about 160 yards. Bullet entered back of rib cage and broke the far shoulder on exit. Blood and bone fragments were found several feet beyond where the Audad was standing. It made it about 20 yards. The Grendel punches way above its weight. I built a 16 inch upper way back when it was first introduced. I likely had the first Grendel in Mississippi. We shoot lots of pigs. A lot of those pigs are big. We found it to kill hogs like the wrath of God. It is an even better cartridge now due to bullet and powder improvements.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                            Super Moderator
                            • Sep 2014

I just got the Outer Impact 20 MOA US-Made scope base 1913 rail.

The machining is very impressive, along with the fit, feel, and finish.

The holds are centered, and dimensions on the rail are consistent.

I degreased my action and screw holes, abrased the surface of the mount underneath, cleaned it, then Red Loc-tited it to the action, Red Loc-tited the screws, and fastened with 20 inch-pounds of torque.

Just letting it dry now. Looks very slick.

OuterImpact's Howa Mini Action Picatinny Rail with 20 MOA Tactical Lightweight Picatinny Rail/Scope Mount for the Howa Mini Action Series. Precision Machined to Meet the strict MIL-SPEC and NATO Standards.

I'll do initial testing with my Viper PST 2.5-10x44 MRAD SFP scope I think.

I've been looking at Hornady 130gr ELD-M data and 130gr Berger VLD. Wind drift at 1000yds is actually competitive.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Hunter307
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jan 2017

Safe to say you like it enough to never want to remove it (red loctite)

Comment

Working...
                              X