Hey guy's I have some questions about action length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mark611
    Warrior
    • Feb 2017

Hey guy's I have some questions about action length?

I know this probably been asked before but I'll ask again! first off I'm new to this forum but not new to precision fire arms and reloading, I'm also into precision air guns as well, I have a Model 12FLV Savage in 223, I'm just wondering if the 6.5 Grendel will work as it should in this action? I'm planning on doing a build off of this Savage short action and would really like to make it a 6.5 Grendel, I plan to use a Manners stock and AI magazines, any issues or anything I should know about? short coming {ETC} your info is greatly appreciated! Mark
  • shooter65
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2016

You will have to get a ppc bolt head from PTG

Comment

• Mark611
      Warrior
      • Feb 2017

Thanks

for the reply, I checked them out and I couldn't find what I was looking for? my rifle is a left hand model,

Comment

• rwh
        Warrior
        • Jun 2014

Double check your lug length or maybe call and ask.

Comment

• 65Whelen
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

I agree all you should need to change would be the bolt head. And of course buy the pre-fit barrel.
          Go to:

I just did a barrel swap to a 6.5 Creedmoor on a Savage 12 VLP, love it. Those guys should be able to answer any questions. There is a fee ($15) year for some sections.

Comment

• Mark611
            Warrior
            • Feb 2017

I plan on doing a custom build off of this action, my friends at Walnut Creek Armory in N.C. built me an M40 in 308win a few yrs ago that I can easily put 10 shots inside a milk jug lid @200m with my hand loads, I'm using the same type Model 10 action for the 6.5 Grendel build, my last build they did I bought all the parts I wanted on it and sent it to them, then they blueprinted the action then mounted the EGW 20moa scope base which they rethreaded to a larger thread size and pinned it as well as screws , and took the Brux M40 contour BBL blank cut it to the length I wanted {25''} used a custom reamer to chamber it, threaded it for the action and muzzle break and melonited the action and barrel, I used a Stockade stock which are awesome by the way just takes forever to wait to get one after u order it! After they fitted the action to the stock and bedded it this rifle is rock solid and super accurate! I also used a Rifle Basic's trigger that they tuned and it is adjustable for pull weight! I plan to do the same with the Grendel build, I have the action and a Sharp Shooter match trigger already, so I'm looking for the rest of the info I need, I plan to use this as a long range paper puncher! I'd like ur opinions on what BBL twist and length for the 123ishgn pills? thanks guy's

Comment

Working...
            X