• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by customcutter View Post
    ... It happens, like the line in American Sniper "Aim small, miss small".
    Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
    CC:

From American Patriot of something of that name.

LR55
    "The Patriot" - Mel Gibson
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Troutguide
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

"The center of an Asprin tablet is exactly the same size as the center of a beach ball. You always shoot at the center.” -Byron Ferguson

This is an archery quote but seems appropriate. Thanks for all the input guys. I will get to shoot again next week and will be putting it all into practice at the range.
      "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• JJA Guns
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2017

Ball and dummy along with shooting by the numbers with a light caliber rifle. Once comfortable with that, move back to the rifle that you were having issues with. Again shooting by the numbers. I would highly advise against a muzzle brake, in my experience brakes added to a shooter usually increase the flinch verses fix it. The increased muzzle blast doesn't help when trying to get rid of bad habits. I've taken more brakes off rifles than added to them. And of the ones I have added brakes to, over half been removed in under a year. Fast shooting competition rifles and really hard kicking rifles are really the only rifles I've seen a true benefit in using brakes on.

Comment

• JASmith
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2014

Most of us are extraordinarily lucky to have been introduced to Mr. Grendel. We get easy to handle rifles with very tolerable recoil in a cartridge adequate for 95% of North American hunting opportunities.

That alone makes flinchitis a manageable challenge rather than one that must be in the forefront of one’s consciuosness every time the trigger is pulled.
          shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
          -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

Working...
          X