• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Bullet Swaging Equipment for Sale

Guys:

I haven't done any bullet making for over a year and doubt I will do any more so am selling all of my swaging gear. Here is a listing of the major components.

Corbin CH-1 Hydro Press. Heavily used, some paint chipped but it still functions perfectly. This is a semi-automatic hydraulic press which you will use to extrude lead wire, swage cores, form bullets, and make jackets out of copper water pipe for .50 Calibers.

Corbin Mighty Mite Bench Press. This is almost brand new and I use it primarily for core seating and tip forming on 5.56 and 6.5mm bullets. The Hydro press is too powerful for seating cores into 5.56 jackets and you need to be careful with 6.5 mm jackets. This press is big and heavy. It will do anything for you from swaging cores to making bullets up to and including .50 caliber.

.50 Cal Dies, Pins, Punches: 8 dies that allow you to make .50 caliber bullets using copper water pipe. These include jacket forming die with various punches, core swaging die, two rebated boat tail dies (core seating and finishing), flat base die, tip die for a 8 ogive, numerous punches including hollow point and round nose tip forming, and tip closing, numerous pins used in core swaging and jacket forming. Dies are in good shape and will throw fine bullets.

.308 Dies: 12 Dies that allow you to make rebated boat tail and flat base .308 bullets. These include core swage dies, flat base and boat tail dies, tip forming dies for 4, 6, 7, 8 10 and ULD ogives. Numerous punches and pins for a variety of bullet lengths, weights, and ogives.

6.5 Dies: 11 Dies that allow you to make rebated boat tail and flat base .264 bullets. As above and includes a jacket trim die so you can trim down jackets for lighter .264 bullets. Ogive dies are for 6, 8 and 10 ogives.

5.56 Dies: 6 Dies that allow you to make rebated boat tail 5.56 bullets (not flat base). As above with 8 and 10 ogive dies.

Billet molds for casting lead billets.

Lead wire extrusion die with numerous inserts so you can extrude wire for .50 cal, .308, .223, and .264. Some others too that I never used. Also a bench mounted core cutter with dies for the lead wire.

J-4 and Sierra Jackets: A few Sierra's used for 168 and 172 grain bullets and the rest are J-4. I estimate 5K jackets total for 5.56, 6.5, and .308. The majority are 6.5mm jackets. The 5.56 jackets are good for the 70 and 80 grain bullets; 6.5 jackets are good for 120 to 140 grains, and the .308 jackets for bullets ranging from 155 to 200 grains.

I am selling all of this for $5K plus shipping. If you live within a couple of hours drive of me (Lacey, Wa.), you are better off to pick it up so I can show you how to use the gear.

LR55
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

This is a great deal- LR offered this to me a while back. If anyone wants to make , and or sell custom bullets on a large scale- can't beat this setup.

Any pics for the gang- it would clarify it a bit. How much does the press weigh, and outside dimensions? Short you tube video ?

Need a new hobby? Here ya go. If purchased- you could make custom ammo for the Grr Horde..... made to order- Grrr & Beowulf, anyone..

BTW., The ONLY reason I passed on buying this-I went all copper hunting pills. I would buy cup -core- bullets for a lesser price- if a Horde membership was in place- make sense? I don't shoot any competition matches- no need for volumes here-yet,

Target shooters, everyone could co- own this set-up, everyone could own a piece of this, 50 guys-gals--- $ 100.00 each as an investment for the future?

Tryin to help.
    Last edited by sneaky one; 03-05-2017, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• cajmitch
      Unwashed
      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
      Guys:

I haven't done any bullet making for over a year and doubt I will do any more so am selling all of my swaging gear. Here is a listing of the major components.

Corbin CH-1 Hydro Press. Heavily used, some paint chipped but it still functions perfectly. This is a semi-automatic hydraulic press which you will use to extrude lead wire, swage cores, form bullets, and make jackets out of copper water pipe for .50 Calibers.

Corbin Mighty Mite Bench Press. This is almost brand new and I use it primarily for core seating and tip forming on 5.56 and 6.5mm bullets. The Hydro press is too powerful for seating cores into 5.56 jackets and you need to be careful with 6.5 mm jackets. This press is big and heavy. It will do anything for you from swaging cores to making bullets up to and including .50 caliber.

.50 Cal Dies, Pins, Punches: 8 dies that allow you to make .50 caliber bullets using copper water pipe. These include jacket forming die with various punches, core swaging die, two rebated boat tail dies (core seating and finishing), flat base die, tip die for a 8 ogive, numerous punches including hollow point and round nose tip forming, and tip closing, numerous pins used in core swaging and jacket forming. Dies are in good shape and will throw fine bullets.

.308 Dies: 12 Dies that allow you to make rebated boat tail and flat base .308 bullets. These include core swage dies, flat base and boat tail dies, tip forming dies for 4, 6, 7, 8 10 and ULD ogives. Numerous punches and pins for a variety of bullet lengths, weights, and ogives.

6.5 Dies: 11 Dies that allow you to make rebated boat tail and flat base .264 bullets. As above and includes a jacket trim die so you can trim down jackets for lighter .264 bullets. Ogive dies are for 6, 8 and 10 ogives.

5.56 Dies: 6 Dies that allow you to make rebated boat tail 5.56 bullets (not flat base). As above with 8 and 10 ogive dies.

Billet molds for casting lead billets.

Lead wire extrusion die with numerous inserts so you can extrude wire for .50 cal, .308, .223, and .264. Some others too that I never used. Also a bench mounted core cutter with dies for the lead wire.

J-4 and Sierra Jackets: A few Sierra's used for 168 and 172 grain bullets and the rest are J-4. I estimate 5K jackets total for 5.56, 6.5, and .308. The majority are 6.5mm jackets. The 5.56 jackets are good for the 70 and 80 grain bullets; 6.5 jackets are good for 120 to 140 grains, and the .308 jackets for bullets ranging from 155 to 200 grains.

I am selling all of this for $5K plus shipping. If you live within a couple of hours drive of me (Lacey, Wa.), you are better off to pick it up so I can show you how to use the gear.

LR55
      Are these items still for sale
      Thanks cajmitch

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by cajmitch View Post
        Are these items still for sale
        Thanks cajmitch
        Negative.

All have been sold.

LR55

Comment

• cajmitch
          Unwashed
          • Aug 2017

Are you still interested in selling these items thanks Jeff

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

He just said they're all sold.
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Working...
            X