X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DTitus
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2016

I have the sopmod bravo and i would recommend it over the Magpul stocks. The cheek weld is significantly better than the Magpul stocks I've used especially for using optics... Wider and more comfortable. So if you don't need the battery compartments I would say go with the sopmod bravo.

Comment

• grendelhunter16
      Unwashed
      • Feb 2017

Update: I have ordered everything but my Odin barrel kit. I ended changing the following from my original build list: BCM gunfighter instead of aero precision charging handle, jmt saber trigger instead of velocity, aero precision ultralight spr mount instead of adm recon, and B5 bravo sopmod instead of enhanced sopmod. I saved a little cost with these changes and don't really feel I gave up to much in quality/function.

One question, the buffer kit I purchased comes with the standard buffer, will this work well enough or should I get the heavier buffer (h2 or h3)?

Comment

• grendelhunter16
        Unwashed
        • Feb 2017

Update: Ordered the Odin Work 18" barrel kit last night. Should start going together over the next week or so, as I receive the final parts. Will definitely post pictures as the build comes together. Thanks for all the help and advice I have received as I gathered the parts for the build, and as this is also my first time putting a complete AR together I'll probably have more questions as I do.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by grendelhunter16 View Post
          Thanks for the advice. I was looking at the aero precision ambi charging handle which I think would also solve the peoblem you're referring to, but I didnt specify this in my post. I've heard nothing but good things about the bcm gunfighter handle though so if I decide I don't need an ambi handle this would save me $20-$30.
          When I first put a scope on a different AR it clicked... it was very obvious this is what everyone complains about.

Then I traded the high scope rings I had laying around for a set of Nikon AR mounts... and it was no longer an issue at all.

Comment

• grendelhunter16
            Unwashed
            • Feb 2017

Completed my build and updated original post.

Comment

• chaps
              Unwashed
              • May 2017

Nice job and thanks for the updated parts list!

How much does she weigh all together?
              S/F, Chaps

Comment

• grendelhunter16
                Unwashed
                • Feb 2017

My estimate based on manufacturers posted weights of the parts used it should be right around 8.5 lbs with glass a little under 7lbs without. I'll post a more accurate number when I get a chance to weigh the rifle.

Comment

• Steamburn
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2015

Did you square/lap the upper receiver? I have made already two ARs with AP upper receivers and both needed it.
                  But don't worry, shoot it as done for now, but if the precision is not up to expectations, then dissasemble the barrel/ upper and do the laping using the lapping tool from Brownells.

Comment

• grendelhunter16
                    Unwashed
                    • Feb 2017

No I didn't lap the upper. Thanks for the advice though in case it's doesn't perform as well as it should.

Comment

Working...
                    X