X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smcdurmon
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2015

I ordered a Rifle Basix Trigger for my Howa Mini and had to send it back.

It fit the action and functioned perfect, but the problem is it doesn't fit in the factory trigger guard when you put it all back together in the stock. The bottom of the trigger will hit the trigger guard before you get it in the correct position in the stock. It may be possible to shave the trigger down a bit to get it to work, but I just opted to send it back. I worked the factory trigger down to just under 2.5lbs, so that was good enough for me.

Comment

• Rebels010
      Warrior
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by lrgrendel View Post
      Did you succeed in adjusting your trigger?
      Haven't tried yet. Stock setting on trigger is servicable. I've honestly been playing with my 6.5 grendel AR's right now too.

Comment

• jason miller
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Dinny View Post

Thanks for the link. I was wondering how hard it would be to take these triggers apart. Cut off 1.5 coils and the triggers on both my rifles are much better.

Comment

• lrgrendel
          Warrior
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
          just got off the phone with Timney, their trigger will not work on the mini action and they have no plans for releasing any new triggers for Howas.
          I just got off the phone, various emails and photos sent.
          What will not work?

Will it not fit in the action OR once in the action won't fit back in the stock?

Comment

• Nodak
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

So the trigger is just a little to long then. OK that is an easy fix.

Comment

• kiwi shooter
              Warrior
              • Mar 2017

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWTAuu-neNo Done that to mine works mint just be careful I cut a little to much off mine and had no sear engagement luckily I still had allot of adjustment in the pull waight screw and got it to a nice safe 1.5lb
              I always close the action on an empty chamber and be rough with the rifle for a bit a few solid wacks on the ground etc to make sure its not going to fire

But if you're not confident you can get a gunsmith to do it
              You could also buy a lighter spring and swap the factory one out completely which is probably the better option

Don't do this unless you are willing to take full responsibility for doing so and any damage that may occur

Comment

• Waynejessie
                Bloodstained
                • Aug 2017

You'd be amazed at what just a good metal polish could do. Not trying to remove metal or change angles but just polishing it will help a lot. Shooting the crap out of the gun helps too. Try your best to wear the barrel out and the trigger will be fine.

Comment

• lrgrendel
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by kiwi shooter View Post
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AWTAuu-neNo Done that to mine works mint just be careful I cut a little to much off mine and had no sear engagement luckily I still had allot of adjustment in the pull waight screw and got it to a nice safe 1.5lb
                  I always close the action on an empty chamber and be rough with the rifle for a bit a few solid wacks on the ground etc to make sure its not going to fire

But if you're not confident you can get a gunsmith to do it
                  You could also buy a lighter spring and swap the factory one out completely which is probably the better option

Don't do this unless you are willing to take full responsibility for doing so and any damage that may occur
                  My frustration got the better of me! And I went ahead exactly as you did. Took 5 or 6 very small "cuts" off of the spring and still took too much.
                  But was able to recover as you were with the adjustment screw and still have enough to put it back to around 3 lbs.

Very nice now at just over 1.5 lbs...

*****DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK******
                  Last edited by lrgrendel; 09-05-2017, 03:45 AM.

Comment

• firefly
                    Unwashed
                    • Aug 2017

The easiest way to reduce the trigger weight is to replace the springs. A guy in Australia called gunbloke advertises on ebay and ships to the UK and USA
                    Last edited by firefly; 10-01-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Nodak
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2016

I contacted gunbloke and may try his 1.5 and trim/adjust for a 1lbs pull. Also on another thought, my trigger feels like it has over travel and looks like it when I watch it. I will be drilling and tapping a over travel screw soon but has anyone here done this before?

Comment

• Nodak
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2016

After a few messages. I am going to order a 1.5lbs kit. Just deciding between his two spring setup like factory or his new single stage. I'd imagine he just uses a spacer or super strong spring to make it a single stage.

Comment

• firefly
                          Unwashed
                          • Aug 2017

I have fitted gunblokes trigger springs, definite reduction in trigger weight, still very crisp two stage trigger

Comment

Working...
                          X