X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CastleBravo
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2017

Brownell's seems to always have awesome discount codes too. I added some cleaning patches to the shopping cart and used "H7L" for $20 off on a $200+ order to get the match series 16" gunner for ~$170.

I also used the same code on a second order to get the faxon 15" carbon fiber handguard for $260 shipped.

Comment

• PVBoom
      Warrior
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
      Holy cow! Geissele just got more of my money since while troubleshooting me S'more, I narrowed it down to scope or mounts and my guess is that the 34mm Aero Ultralights that I had when the scope (Bushnell Elite ERS) was mounted on a Grendel just aren't cutting it on the large frame platform. Two holes touching then a POI shift; the next 2 touch then another shift; and round and round she goes - all within the 2 square inch box around the bullseye. So I decided to go with the Super Precision SR-25 / AR 10 mount. Hyperextended, 20 MOA cant, machined from a single block of T7075 billet (in Desert Dirt, of course).
      This is the second time I have heard of a crappy Aero precision mount. They are Do Not Purchase as far as I am concerned.

I will probably be going GG&G for my build.
      Last edited by PVBoom; 10-30-2017, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Smarcus
        Unwashed
        • Jul 2016

This thread just cost me money. Again. 16 inch Gunner incoming.

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

Originally posted by PVBoom View Post
          This is the second time I have heard of a crappy Aero precision mount. They are Do Not Purchase as far as I am concerned.

The Aero mounts do fine on an AR-15 - I have them on 2 Grendels and my 22 Nosler and nothing has budged a micron. Putting them on a large frame AR is a different story, but I had the scope in the mount so decided to roll with it knowing it could be a problem.
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• mdram
            Warrior
            • Sep 2016

Ballistic advantage having a 20% off halloween sale, today only
            looks to be sitewide
            just some targets for printing
            https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

Holy cow! Geissele just got more of my money since while troubleshooting me S'more, I narrowed it down to scope or mounts and my guess is that the 34mm Aero Ultralights that I had when the scope (Bushnell Elite ERS) was mounted on a Grendel just aren't cutting it on the large frame platform. Two holes touching then a POI shift; the next 2 touch then another shift; and round and round she goes - all within the 2 square inch box around the bullseye. So I decided to go with the Super Precision SR-25 / AR 10 mount. Hyperextended, 20 MOA cant, machined from a single block of T7075 billet (in Desert Dirt, of course). Upgraded to UPS to take the free USPS final delivery out of the equation since I'm under a bit of a time constraint - and I had a tracking number in 56 minutes! And this is when you'd think they'd be backed up a little since everyone waits for their sales (in this case I just lucked out that it was sale time). On a Friday afternoon when happy hour has already started in North Wales, PA......
              Maybe dykem the rails and the inside of the rings and see if anything moves? Maybe the rings need lapping? I was eyeing the AP mounts and trying to decide on a optic as I want matched pairs in a big a tube as possible of course. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

• ty_hooper12
                Warrior
                • Oct 2017

Not necessarily Grendel specific, but Midway has Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44, 30 mm with side focus for $329.99 and free shipping

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

Maxim Defense has 10% off all products ending today and free shipping, November 1st.

Use coupon code "SPOOKY10" at checkout.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• StoneHendge
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2016

Columbia River Arms / Black Hole Weaponry doing 30% off all made to order barrels through Nov 30. Code NOV30. Perfect time to order that 6mm Grrrr barrel you've been thinking about (ok, 243 LBC)
                    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• bj139
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2017

Columbia River Arms / Black Hole Weaponry doing 30% off all made to order barrels through Nov 30. Code NOV30. Perfect time to order that 6mm Grrrr barrel you've been thinking about (ok, 243 LBC)
                      I guess this uses the 0.125" boltface depth. Columbia only mentions 0.125" for the 264 LBC.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                        Chieftain
                        • May 2016

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                        I guess this uses the 0.125" boltface depth. Columbia only mentions 0.125" for the 264 LBC.
                        Correct
                        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Mudder500
                          Unwashed
                          • Oct 2017

Anyone heard of a good light 15-18in handguard on sale?

Comment

• Drillboss
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Mudder500 View Post
                            Anyone heard of a good light 15-18in handguard on sale?
                            These aren't bad:

Use code JINGLE for another 10% off.

Comment

• howl
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by PVBoom View Post

That scope weighs 35 ounces? No, I don't think the Aero mount would hold it. I'd want wider rings and maybe more than two. A lightweight scope in that lightweight mount on the other hand, seems to work well.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                                Chieftain
                                • May 2016

Originally posted by howl View Post
                                That scope weighs 35 ounces? No, I don't think the Aero mount would hold it. I'd want wider rings and maybe more than two. A lightweight scope in that lightweight mount on the other hand, seems to work well.
                                An Aero Ultralight has held a 37 ounce Bushnell Elite XRS on my 22" Grendel with zero issues.

I think it's a recoil thing on the large frame platform, but wouldn't rule out a combination of how the Aero's mount to the rail and maybe even a little bit of slop in the rail of the Aero upper. The Geissele mount fits in there firm! My new motto is no Aero products in large frame.
                                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
                                X