• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TKO
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2017

22 Nosler Necked Down to .20

PT&G has the reamer . . . I bet it would be a smoker in an AR Varmint rig.

• JASmith
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2014

The 20 Grendel might be preferred: 20 Grendel Discussion

There is plenty of room for long 55+ grain 20 caliber bullets and reamers can be obtained from Manson Reamers.
    shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• D.Davis
      Warrior
      • Sep 2013

Or go with the 20-250.

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Oh man, what did Joe smith go to on specs,for the .20 ? Grrr. He and Von Gruff made up this caliber. trust me ,,, I know. Von was on me for the Grrr Maxx also. I'm on the AR Max -lite now --- we chatted a ton to finalize some details.

Time will tell. I want to get my reamer made------ a few items are in the way,,,, chill it

Team efforts are what we all are about--- any caliber can be made - nowa days-
        Last edited by sneaky one; 03-08-2017, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• ricsmall
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Why not go really tiny and do a .17 Grendel. That would be fun for messing about!!

I would almost bet there will be a .17 nosler from nosler in due time. The wildcatters will do it first probably.

Richard
          Last edited by ricsmall; 03-08-2017, 01:06 PM.
          Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
            Chieftain
            • May 2012

when it comes to wildcatting there really is not alot which hasnt been done and many of them are rather mainstream when you get down to it, not go buy it at walmart mainstream but standard dies and reamers available and grendel based wildcat typically already exists in the ppc family 17 ppc has been done http://www.reloadersnest.com/frontpage.asp?CaliberID=94

the 22 nosler is a 6.8 necked down to 22 with a rebated rim to use a 223 bolt face other than the rebated rim it has existed for a while as the 22 pdk http://www.rokslide.com/forums/long-...02-22-pdk.html

a 20-22 nosler would really just be a 20-6.8 spc which you can find info on if you search out 20 pdk on the web
            Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• JASmith
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
              Why not go really tiny and do a .17 Grendel. That would be fun for messing about!!

I would almost bet there will be a .17 nosler from nosler in due time. The wildcatters will do it first probably.

Richard
              I looked at a .17 Grendel as part of the work up for the 20 Grendel.

I was truly not comfortable with the proportions.

A 17 cal version of the 20 Nosler would be better with respect to body to neck diameter eyeball ratio. Also, there will be plenty of space for the longest 17 cal bullets. Further, one might be able to implement it with no-turn necks.
              shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
              -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

Working...
              X