• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chrazy-Chris
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post

Dude, that rifle is perfection. Your post about the Grendel "taking over" your safe in the ARFCOM is what finally convinced me to convert my .223 to a Grendel. If I had to pick one rifle, one set up just like yours would be it.

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

That has become my go-to AR15 really. I spent the last 3 years working with it almost exclusively of all my rifles, whenever I went out to shoot anything of distance.

This has really increased my confidence with it, especially for making 1st-round hits on even 12" steel plates out to 600yds, which isn't easy with a 7lb 12oz gun.

I need to finish my 22" Lilja build for a more dedicated target rifle, which might really put my .260 Rem out to an even longer pasture.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• nuthead
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

I use a slik mini ll with my 7mm08 (either a qd pic rail mount or a triclawps) and its easy to make hits out to 600m - it's an 11lb rifle though.

If you use shooting sticks to support the butt of the rifle it is VERY steady

Comment

• mateba
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2017

I've been eyeing the Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Dead.../dp/B00VI45OSK 5lbs and has been on sale as low as $50 within the last year. I thought about making a shooting tripod but once I saw this for $50-80 I'm not sure I could make something better, lighter and for the same price or less. Some of these components for these tripods are pricey. I also have a pair of shooting sticks that I made.
          Last edited by mateba; 05-04-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• neenjuh
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2015

Here is what I use:

Comment

• Chrazy-Chris
              Warrior
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
              That has become my go-to AR15 really. I spent the last 3 years working with it almost exclusively of all my rifles, whenever I went out to shoot anything of distance.

This has really increased my confidence with it, especially for making 1st-round hits on even 12" steel plates out to 600yds, which isn't easy with a 7lb 12oz gun.

I need to finish my 22" Lilja build for a more dedicated target rifle, which might really put my .260 Rem out to an even longer pasture.
              Do you have a build thread on the 7lb 12oz gun? I'm interested in your barrel maker and load data.

Just an idea in case you're interested - My Grendel came with a bright shiny stainless barrel like yours. I roughed it up a little bit with some fine sandpaper and hit it with a few coats of Rustoleum High Temp engine paint and it turned out great. Really easy way to subdue that shiny barrel. The black turns out looking very matte, almost more gray than black.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

I do all my own Cerakote work.

There are at least 2 build threads on it here.

I used a Lilja 318 barrel, which they don't make anymore unfortunately.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                X