• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJ McCarty
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2017

My totally build my own is busted

Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.
  • Brett A
    Bloodstained
    • May 2016

Very nice! Can't wait to hear how it performs. I am in the process of making a purchase list for a new Grendel upper myself. I have a 16" Grendel now, but would also like a 20" or 22".

Comment

• Texas
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2016

DJ, I just received an 18 inch yesterday from Grendel Hunter, I was very impressed, looking forward to shooting it -- now the really expensive part, optics

Comment

• sportsnut
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2017

I just posted pics of my build and first 100 yard target using an 18" Gendel Hunter upper. This barrel flat out shoots!!

Comment

• DJ McCarty
          Unwashed
          • Mar 2017

Thanks Brett, They do have a fair prices and I am glad I jumped on it...Mac
          Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.

Comment

• DJ McCarty
            Unwashed
            • Mar 2017

Texas, I have a fair Nikon 4x30 but I am hopping that I can come up the cash for a Vortex Viper 4-15x50 for the real shooting. I still need to finish the lower receiver...Mac

Comment

• DJ McCarty
              Unwashed
              • Mar 2017

Sportsnut, I agree that Grendel Hunters rock....Mac

Comment

• diddlyv
                Warrior
                • Aug 2016

I was going to build an 18 inch AR in 5.56 ended up saving over $100 getting a ready made from Palmetto State Armory. I hope that barrel shoots as good as Tex's
                Queen of Battle
                Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• DJ McCarty
                  Unwashed
                  • Mar 2017

Diddly, I need to make a run up to Palmetto State Armory sometime in the near future, as they are only about 80 miles from home. Let us know how it shoots....Mac

Comment

• Texas
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2016

Originally posted by DJ McCarty View Post
                    Texas, I have a fair Nikon 4x30 but I am hopping that I can come up the cash for a Vortex Viper 4-15x50 for the real shooting. I still need to finish the lower receiver...Mac
                    I put a Vortex 6-24X50 on my last Grendel and am very pleased with it. Getting ready to order two more. I was thinking about trying the Athlon Scope, but have not seen a lot of feedback. I have a nightforce on my .50 BMG, but think for the Grendels the Vortex serves the purpose well

Comment

• DJ McCarty
                      Unwashed
                      • Mar 2017

Texas, I looked up the Athlon Scope on several site and read the reviews, if it is half of what they say it is it may be worth a real serious look. Amazon.com has it listed between 200 - 400 hundred dollars They are carry severals models in both First and Second Focal Plain. I thank I may try it out and save for a really fine scope later on. Thanks for the tip....Mac

Comment

• Aged1
                        Bloodstained
                        • Feb 2017

I second the notion that Grendelhunter.com puts together a fine package. I also have the 22" fluted bbl, Saturday was sight in day... With my hand loaded ammo. After I got a desired sight in result I shot 5 (100 grain Sierra HP varmit, with 27.5 of Leverevoltion, Nosler brass, NOT magnum primers. Loaded on my Hornsdy L-N-L progressive (but I measure my power remote for all rifle rounds) and last station is Lee factory crimp. At 50 yards 3 in one hole, #4 was close and #5 was about 1/4 off... More practice needed! In the next days I shall work on more load development to include some Hornady 123 things.

Comment

• DJ McCarty
                          Unwashed
                          • Mar 2017

Aged, Sounds like you had a good day. I am hopping to have mine ready for the range by the end of April. I at present working son plaques for our 50th year regimental reunion and am way behind schedule. Keep up the practice and good shooting....Mac

Comment

• brassbrite
                            Bloodstained
                            • Mar 2017

Nice build. I just ordered a 20 in barrel and bolt from Grendelhunter.com. They are running a free shipping speacial on uppers and barrel kits. I can't wait till I can get in my new upper build. BTW Their customer service is very friendly and they promptly answered all my text and email questions. If the barrel shoots as good as their customer service I will be one happy camper!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X