• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

5 Hog Sounder - 100% Kill

No hogs were educated in the making of this video.

We were able to hunt several properties this weekend, mostly in Clay and Jack Counties of north Texas. Each of the properties had some fields with pretty bad damage, just normal pastureland, but with pretty horrible ankle-twisting rooting that made stalking very difficult. This particular field was no different as we made a 400-500 yard stalk along the fence line, using the few trees along the fence to help mask our movement. However, stalking over the rooted ground was as much about not trying to stumble and fall as it was about trying to be smooth and quiet. Apparently, a lot of the rooting had been done when the field was wet, concreting the ruts into place when the field dried. Sheesh.

Only only hog dropped in the opening salvo and it was the hog right next to the fence and way off screen to the right. The rest ran. On inspection, 3 had multiple boiler room shots. Two were neck shot including the one that dropped in place. 3 had gut shots. At least two had leg shots. One was spined mid back. I suspect the opening shots were all pretty good as one hog dropped and my hog had a mid body shot that exit out the opposite shoulder. I suspect the gut and leg shots were undoubtedly running shots, attempts to get the hogs to stop, but not having sufficient lead. I wished I had taken the time to actually do a shot analysis on each hog, but in doing these group eradication hunts, it is something of blow and go, getting in and out as quick as possible so as to be able to locate the next hogs and start the process over.

Five hogs came into the field and none left under their own power, though a significant amount of them left in coolers.

Video:
    Last edited by Double Naught Spy; 03-13-2017, 05:48 PM.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • Texas
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2016

thank you for the videos -- always top notch!

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

That is awesome. Huge argument for semi auto, low recoil, with good terminal performance.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• whiteowl88
        Unwashed
        • Dec 2016

Badass

Comment

• Slinkz
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2016

Nicely done!

Comment

• Les
            Warrior
            • Oct 2016

Very nice as always.
            Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• marine0811
              Unwashed
              • Oct 2016

Love these videos! Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X