• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hikfromstik
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

Atlas psr bipod

Who's sporting the Atlas psr bipods ? I Just got the psr bt46-LW17 and really like it. They should be $100 cheaper , but quality isn't cheap . It's almost like a work of art in mechanical engineering. I showed it to my machinist friend and he thought the price was very reasonable considering the hours of labor involved in manufacturing them .
  • 82HALO
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

I am, I am!!
    Love the thing. Built like a brick #&*house!!

Comment

• hikfromstik
      Warrior
      • Oct 2016

If anybody on here is a sportsman guide club member then you can get the bt46 LW17 psr ( good one ) for $288 and free shipping . These never go on sale ,so it's a very rare deal .

Comment

• 82HALO
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

I got mine on amazon. Put it in my cart and watched the price fluctuate, hit purchase when it was $249!

Need another for the current build...back to amazon!

Put these on in place of the rubber feet:https://www.hawkhillcustom.com/store...for_Atlas.html
        Last edited by 82HALO; 03-17-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• BQC123
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2017

I've been wanting to try one, but haven't been able to justify the cash.
          I decided to try the "Professional Tactical Precision BT10-LW17 Bipod w/ Standard Picatinny Mount" from Amazon. I like it better than my Harris, but I'm sure it is not nearly as nice as the Atlas.Green Blob makes one that looks identical.
          Has anyone done a side by side comparison with the Atlas look-alikes?

Comment

• hikfromstik
            Warrior
            • Oct 2016

Bqc, I can't remember the website, but a guys does a side by side of the two . Only big difference was the Chinese version used cheaper metals that bent or broke easier. Leapers makes a similar concept bipod for about $70 that has positive reviews.

Comment

• Foghornleghorn
              Unwashed
              • Mar 2017

Well they say you get what you pay for I got a Green Glob in Friday (clone). Youtube reviews aren't always accurate. If you got the dough get the original. This one is servicable but that's about it. QR is a joke. The large nut that controls the swivel not very effective. May take it apart and see if some type of washer will help. Your mileage may vary. Like the design though for my upper we will go a different route.
              Cheers

Comment

• hikfromstik
                Warrior
                • Oct 2016

I shot my grendel with my new Atlas over the weekend and my groups did tighten up . I have a bubble level on my scope and I adjusted the cant to stay locked on level . I didn't measure them , but my best 5 shot group each hole was touching . One less variable to worry about .

Comment

• BQC123
                  Unwashed
                  • Feb 2017

Originally posted by hikfromstik View Post
                  Bqc, I can't remember the website, but a guys does a side by side of the two . Only big difference was the Chinese version used cheaper metals that bent or broke easier. Leapers makes a similar concept bipod for about $70 that has positive reviews.
                  Thanks. I found a few Youtube comparisons. I definitely plan to get an Atlas, but the knock-offs did not seem too terrible. One in particular had way less leg wobble at full extension than the Atlas.

Comment

• Fredman
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2014

I bought a knock off. I'd sell it to you for $50, but I don't want to take advantage. Don't even think about it.

Comment

• hikfromstik
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2016

The leapers UTG heavy duty recon 360 looks promising for the price . Out of many reviews Ive read, they were mostly positive. I'm gonna get one for my Anderson ar15 (5.56)to try out . If anyone has one let us know what you think of it .The caldwell "AR" bipod is junk . I didn't even get home with it before returning it . I opened it in my truck and noticed the legs were plastic and marched back in and got a refund .

Comment

• BQC123
                        Unwashed
                        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Fredman View Post
                        I bought a knock off. I'd sell it to you for $50, but I don't want to take advantage. Don't even think about it.
                        Thanks..haha

I seem to have been lucky with my knock-off, but I'll eventually get an Atlas.

Comment

Working...
                        X