• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronmat
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

Velosity trigger or Other

I have an aeroprecision receiver and would like bring the trigger pull down to
    around 3 lbs. Have seen the Velosity trigger for less than $150.00 and it said to
    be a easy drop in. Is there a better choice out there.
    Thanks
    Ron
  • Texas
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2016

I have two of these and am pleased with them:

Comment

• ronmat
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2017

Thanks

Comment

• 1075 tech
        Warrior
        • Apr 2015

I have the Velocity trigger in my first Grendel. 3#. My second G got a Rise Armament 3.5#. I like the Velocity better. Smoother and breaks cleaner than the RiseA.

Comment

• Schrambo
          Warrior
          • Oct 2016

3# Velocity triggers in 5 of my lowers.... Steel case no problem so far...
          Last edited by Schrambo; 03-24-2017, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• JaxsonsOldMan
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2017

I use the POF 3.5# straight trigger. I love it!!! Price is about the same.

Can probably be found for a little less, but joebobsoutfitters is awesome!

Comment

• ronmat
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2017

I read on Velosity site that they recommend using steel case Ammo, any one using a lot of brass
              With there velocity triggers, and have you experienced any issues with brass? Curious why they
              Recommend steel case ammo?
              Thanks
              Ron

Comment

• Schrambo
                Warrior
                • Oct 2016

Velocity has several trigger styles/weights, some for steel ammo specifically... I've shot 5.56, 375 SOCOM, 458 SOCOM and 6.5 Grendel with my 3# Velocity triggers and have no problem with either Wolf steel, factory or hand-loaded brass...

Everything has gone bang so far...
                Last edited by Schrambo; 03-24-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

Check out WCArmory for Velocity, they have a big list of options to go with them for $134 with free shipping. Not sure you can beat it.

I don't have the trigger and I have never purchased anything from WCArmory but in checking out Velocity because of this post I found that. I don't have a LPK for mine yet which makes getting it essentially for free with the trigger very appealing.

They make one with more power for the harder primers, it is a specific model of trigger just for that. Only one (it is a 4#) is called out as a steel cased trigger. I doubt it is only to be used with steel cases but it will take them better than the others.
                  Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 03-18-2017, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• Retro
                    Warrior
                    • Jul 2016

I'll do a follow up post. I just ordered the 3# Velocity and get the free LPK with it plus free shipping.
                    Originally posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
                    Check out WCArmory for Velocity, they have a big list of options to go with them for $134 with free shipping. Not sure you can beat it.

I don't have the trigger and I have never purchased anything from WCArmory but in checking out Velocity because of this post I found that. I don't have a LPK for mine yet which makes getting it essentially for free with the trigger very appealing.

They make one with more power for the harder primers, it is a specific model of trigger just for that. Only one (it is a 4#) is called out as a steel cased trigger. I doubt it is only to be used with steel cases but it will take them better than the others.

Comment

• ronmat
                      Unwashed
                      • Jan 2017

Good let me know the outcome, I really want to go with the 3lb.

Comment

• 1075 tech
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2015

I've had no problems shooting steel case with my 3# Velocity. I've ordered from WCArmory before. No problems to report.

Comment

• just_john
                          Chieftain
                          • Sep 2012

You might look at Wolff Springs [ www.gunsprings.com ] and get whatever trigger weight spring that you want. Bear in mind that trigger spring weight and hammer strike force are independent of each other ( two different springs ).

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by just_john View Post
                            You might look at Wolff Springs [ www.gunsprings.com ] and get whatever trigger weight spring that you want. Bear in mind that trigger spring weight and hammer strike force are independent of each other ( two different springs ).
                            But when a hammer spring puts more force on the trigger it takes more pressure to move the trigger. People that think they need a heavier hammer spring for steel cased ammo (even for 7.62x39 generally they don't) often report more trigger force is required.

Comment

• Retro
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2016

I ordered the trigger on the 20th and received it on the 23rd along with the free Anderson LPK minus the trigger and grip. I would be comfortable ordering from them again.
                              Originally posted by Retro View Post
                              I'll do a follow up post. I just ordered the 3# Velocity and get the free LPK with it plus free shipping.

Comment

Working...
                              X