• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SG4247
    Warrior
    • Aug 2013

New rest for my Grendel ARs !! The SEB Mini Tri-pod design

So SEB came out with a new light weight rest. When I first saw it, I had to get one.

I thought it would be perfect for my AR shooting, since it only weighs like 12 lbs and I can carry it with ease.

The legs fold up and it is nearly 100% aluminium.

It is perfect! I can hammer steel plates at 547 yards with no problem. No frustrating re-positioning like I had with other rests and my sand bags.

AND I shortened the joy stick to like 5 " so it is just in front of the magazine well, so doesn't interfere with mag changes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SG4247; 03-19-2017, 04:32 PM.
    NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Nice, but how much $?
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• SG4247
      Warrior
      • Aug 2013

The cheapest decent competition style rests are going to be about $700 without the joystick windage/elevation controls. This rest is under that price with the joysick, folds up, light weight, and very stable.

It is a Bargain!

Comment

• Rickc
        Warrior
        • Aug 2016

I was looking at that. Glad to hear it is working well. Is the joystick smooth and.stable? Might be in my near future.

Can't tell from the pics but it.looks like you are using the bag rider system. I use it on my precision ARs to great.effect.

Comment

• SG4247
          Warrior
          • Aug 2013

The joystick control is fantastic. So smooth, that I was able to cut it down to 5" and it will still adjust smoothly.

I have the front Delrin rider screwed to the JP Handguard. It works fine except for the front stop, in that the design doesnt register as well as I would like. Thinking of redesigning the front stop to be made like a fork such that it wont contact the hand guard and only the Delrin rider will contact the stop on the extreme left and right sides of the Delrin.

The center carriage / acme threaded post rests on a captured Torrington thrust bearing, and is as smooth as glass.

So you adjust the carriage up or down with the large diameter wheel, then just tighten the black clamp handle 1/8 turn and you are set.

Like it very much! Well worth the money.

Comment

Working...
          X