Of the one in Stock
    Anderson, bear Creek arsenal
    They seem to use the same bolt
    Which is preferred by yall?
    Or is the another I've missed?
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

I've got absolutely no first hand experience with either one of them.

Anderson says they are using some kind of specialty Grendel I chamber (0.295" neck and compound throat). Report is that BCA is cutting a SAAMI chamber.

Get the BCA and let us know how it shoots.

Comment

• jdelong
      Warrior
      • Feb 2017

I have an Anderson barrel and odinworks complete bolt and all is well

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Bear Creek Arsenal is offering a 16" M-4 profile barrel with 1:8 twist with Nitride finish for $109. I'd buy the BCA barrel to get the Nitride finish over the Anderson for $10 difference. Get a bolt from the group buy and a person can get a 6.5 Grendel for a very reasonable price.

Comment

• Carde017
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
          Bear Creek Arsenal is offering a 16" M-4 profile barrel with 1:8 twist with Nitride finish for $109. I'd buy the BCA barrel to get the Nitride finish over the Anderson for $10 difference. Get a bolt from the group buy and a person can get a 6.5 Grendel for a very reasonable price.
          I do like the nitride finish also and got in on the bolt buy

Comment

• Carde017
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Drillboss View Post
            I've got absolutely no first hand experience with either one of them.

Anderson says they are using some kind of specialty Grendel I chamber (0.295" neck and compound throat). Report is that BCA is cutting a SAAMI chamber.

Get the BCA and let us know how it shoots.
            I saw this also. Ive read and read on this types and throats and keep seeing yall prefer the saami chambers so I'm trying to stay with that. But to be honest I don't really understand it completely

Comment

• Drillboss
              Warrior
              • Jan 2015

I hear you. It seems that every time a new manufacturer or vendor comes onto the market, they include some new description. Seeing the term "Type II Barrel" drives me nuts. Are there any "Type I" barrels out there?

One significant benefit of the SAAMI chamber is that you know what you're getting.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Odin works just released an ultralight weight 6.5 Grendel with 416R SS intermediate length gas port. They have package deals and 6.5 Grendel barrels and 6.5 Grendel BCG are in stock.

Comment

• drewthebrave
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2016

Odin works just released an ultralight weight 6.5 Grendel with 416R SS intermediate length gas port. They have package deals and 6.5 Grendel barrels and 6.5 Grendel BCG are in stock.

https://www.odinworks.com/category_s...51f8-272642405
                  The grammar nazi in me makes me think thrice about spending that much money with them:
                  "Whether your working on a new build or want to convert your AR into a 1000 yard rifle this 6.5 Grendel Kit is the best way to get started."

Comment

• Carde017
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2017

https://www.odinworks.com/category_s...51f8-272642405
                    I've looked into them and I've read they are nice.
                    Just was looking to get 1 people on here have been thinking about just to test it. Probably going with the bca one. I like it being nitride and they seem like they have good customer service.

Comment

• Carde017
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by drewthebrave View Post
                      The grammar nazi in me makes me think thrice about spending that much money with them:
                      "Whether your working on a new build or want to convert your AR into a 1000 yard rifle this 6.5 Grendel Kit is the best way to get started."
                      Hahaha. I've done this before also. ..that's funny

Comment

• Sticks
                        Chieftain
                        • Dec 2016

Yeah, Spellcheck is not worth a darn if you don't know how the correct word is supposed to be spelled or used. They had a 50/50 chance at being right.

They're going to need to talk to their proof reader over there....
                        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• bj139
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2017

Is the type II chamber the most accurate type? I think I read the .136 bolt will match the type II. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the SS barrel? Thanks.

I just read a review from BCA. Josh from the company said the chamber is SAAMI with a .136 bolt face. Is this type I?
                          Last edited by bj139; 03-24-2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Drillboss
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2015

One more time...

Type I and Type II don't refer to the chamber, they refer to the bolt design because of a naming convention originated by Black Hole Weaponry. They started calling 7.62x39 bolts with a 0.125" face depth Type I bolts. They call the standard 6.5 Grendel bolt that AA designed with the 0.136" face depth Type II bolts. Discussions about the different bolt designs can be found in other threads.

As for the chambers, the 6.5 Grendel chamber has a compound throat with an initial 0.5 degree taper, followed by a 1.5 degree taper. The 6.5 Grendel chamber has been certified by SAAMI to establish the standard for minimum chamber dimensions (including the compound throat design) and maximum cartridge dimensions.

After a fairly contentious group buy here on the forum (details can be found in other threads), some manufacturers started offering barrels cut with a Grendel II chamber reamer. These chamber throats have a short, parallel free bore followed by the 1.5 degree taper.

One chamber isn't inherently more accurate than the other, but the compound throat has been seen to give better results across a range of different bullets sizes and designs.

To the best of my knowledge, either chamber can be headspaced to either bolt, so identifying a chamber as Type I or Type II doesn't tell what that chamber is. When I see that nomenclature used, I suspect the chambers aren't SAAMI, but they very well could be.

Ask two questions before buying a Grendel barrel:

-Is this a SAAMI spec 6.5 Grendel chamber? If not, what is it?

-Is the chamber headspaced for a standard 6.5 Grendel bolt with a 0.136" face depth?

Comment

Working...
                            X