• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WVShooter
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2016

PPU Recall

Not sure of the date of this announcement, but I just came across it and have never heard it mentioned before. Thought I would throw it out there.

HANDGUN AMMUNITION · RIFLE AMMUNITION · RELOADING COMPONENTS
  • explorecaves
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

A few pages back, but it is known

It's official. I got the e-mail on September 2 from Midway. It isn't just brass. It's all PPU 6.5 Grendel Ammo and brass. I had a feeling that $0.50 per piece was too good to be true. To hedge my bets I bought some Norma 6.5 Grendel brass for $1.50 a piece and just today I bought some Nosler 6.5 Grendel brass for $1.78 a

Comment

• WVShooter
      Unwashed
      • Mar 2016

I put "PPU recall" in the search box and got nothing. Glad to know it's out there.

Comment

• Drillboss
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by WVShooter View Post
        I put "PPU recall" in the search box and got nothing. Glad to know it's out there.
        There's a more robust search engine in this thread.

I've noticed that many people seem to have difficulty finding information via the forum search feature on 65grendel.com. This is not intended as a criticism of this website nor its administrators, as the issue seems relatively common on many internet forums. Thus, I've made an effort to create a Google custom search engine

It used to be a sticky, but doesn't seem to be anymore.

Comment

• pajasonc
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Was all the ammo recalled and did it include the wolf gold? I saw a listing on gunbroker for the ammo http://www.gunbroker.com/item/630369143, seller says he called wolf and PPU and both said this ammo he is selling was not part of the recall.

Comment

• Bigs28
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2016

Ppu told me on the phone ALL 6.5 grendel ppu is recalled. Here is the text from the email on how to return it.

Hello,
            Thank you for taking time to contact us.
            We currently offer two options:
            1. Reimbursement for the unfired ammunition or brass (Please, provide the receipts)
            2. Exchange for another caliber (we do not offer 6.5 Grendel – it is discontinued)
            In order to receive reimbursement or exchange, we will need to receive 6.5 Grendel to our warehouse.
            Please, return the unfired ammo and/or brass via UPS or FedEx to the following address:
            TR&Z USA Trading Corp.
            1370 Honeyspot Rd Extension Building B
            Stratford, CT 06615
            We will reimburse for shipping to us ( please, e-mail the receipt).
            We will send a check or replacement ammunition as soon as we will receive a return.
            Please, include all your contact information with the returned ammunition.
            If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact me any time.
            Thank you
            Best Regards,
            Nijole Inkrata
            TR&Z USA Trading Corp.

Comment

• wfa17332
              Bloodstained
              • May 2015

After a short email discussion with PPU, I sent back my fired brass (minus a couple somewhere in the weeds) and the unfired ammunition. I asked for, and received a "call tag" for the shipment. I sent the package, with receipts (thankfully, I purchased on-line, so receipts were easy to find), and received a check in about three weeks, for the cost of the ammo plus delivery/shipping costs.

I almost didn't return it because I'd had no problems; then it got warm outside. No other signs of over-pressure, and velocity was about the same as when it was cooler, but primer pockets enlarged on a single firing. About half would not hold a new primer.

I strongly suggest that you send any rounds/brass that you might have back to PPU for a refund or exchange (they had nothing in stock that I wanted). The ammo didn't shoot "bad", but it isn't that great to risk the potential problems.

Comment

Working...
              X