Templar Customs + Digital Desert Cerakote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templar Customs + Digital Desert Cerakote

First step: Meltdown and polish barrel extension/feedramps...

Then spend every available hour of the day for 1.5 weeks coating & baking layer after layer...

• bwaites
    • Mar 2011

SO sweet!!!

Comment

Comment

Here's a view of the PRI extended latch and an enlarged charge handle...

Trigger is a JP single stage set-up nice and short for basically no creep, and very little over-travel. I really fell in love with this 20" Templar Set-up with the FAST Rail, and the Bartlein barrel.

It chambers smoother than any other AR I have felt, and that's 23 years of chambering rounds in AR's. I saw a guy at the range who does this meltdown technique on all his barrel extensions, so I thought I'd try it...turned out better than I thought.

There are 792 facets in just the Picattiny rail sections alone, not counting the face of the rails, the QD sockets, the lightening cut holes, and other surfaces of the FAST Rail alone. Needless to say, you're not getting that one done in one coating...it was very, very painful. This project has consumed my focus for the past 10 days at least...I'm ready for some sleep...
        Last edited by Guest; 11-05-2011, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Rest well earned sir. Gorgeous rifle! Can't wait to send some rounds down range

Comment

• leopard6.5

Very nice work! Very professional.

Lee

Comment

Saw it on Arf... looks sick... now go shoot it.

Comment

Very impressive, that's a rifle you can be proud of.

Comment

So, did you bake it in the home oven, or do you have a special setup?

Comment

• jwilson1985

it looks awesome...i do mine in a home oven

Comment

Bad ass!

Comment

Once again awesome job on the rifle. I have a question about the "meltdown and polish barrel extension/feedramps", I get the polishing but what do you mean by meltdown?

Comment

• txgunner00
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

VERY nice! Is that a GRSC scope?
                          Last edited by txgunner00; 11-06-2011, 04:31 PM.
                          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelenon View Post
                            Once again awesome job on the rifle. I have a question about the "meltdown and polish barrel extension/feedramps", I get the polishing but what do you mean by meltdown?
                            A "meltdown" is where you take the sharp edges off the feedramps and barrel extension where the cartridge rides along, to baby your brass, while the polished ramps assist with smoother feeding. I first heard the term "meltdown" in reference to custom work on 1911 slides, for concealed carry.

Yes, I just threw the GRSC on there for test-firing. It's for one of my 5.56 blasters...more of a practical Minute-of-Mellon scope, than a precision optic.

Comment

Yut-yut just to the stick to the range today.

Worst groups are reported at just under an inch while shooting in the rain. Best group...1/4". The barrel Templar used is a Bartlein, progressive twist, CNC cut-rifled tube. I'm thinking about an 18" now from Templar. I really fell in love with this 20" after getting it together, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X