X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brassbrite
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2017

I have a few guns with flash hiders, muzzle breaks and also just thread protectors. I can say that many of these devices vent the gasses back toward you which makes the rifle even louder to the shooter and anyone around you at the range. In fact my ar10 is so loud that others around move to different benches to get away from the sound and air pressure wave that hits them and makes them flinch. I do load pretty hot rounds but it is something to consider. I am probably going to get rid of the extra barrel attachments all together. Reduce weight and noise back at me. When hunting deer I seldom need a quick follow up shot anyway so muzzle jump and recoil isnt really an issue.

Comment

• Klem
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Roadie,

Nice choice, and I think it's going to work great for what you need.

Comment

• Blazin
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2013

DOUBLE HEARING PROTECTION AND A MUZZLE BRAKE IS WHAT I USE. Haha, yes, intentionally shouting. I like to see my impacts while shooting if possible (I shoot a lot of steel). I recently found killer deals on eBay for VG6 Gamma brakes and I installed them on a bunch of my guns. I went with the 6.8 variety for my Grendel. There's two guys selling them on eBay and they're in a price war.

Comment

• rwh
          Warrior
          • Jun 2014

TARGET CROWN! ACCURACY COUNTS! Who are we hiding our flash from? What's the point of a muzzle break on a grendel?

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

The recoil of the AR Grendel is similar to the 7,62X39 and a brake can lesson the recoil impulse for a faster follow up shot which is the point of a semi auto in the first place. A break or flash hider will protect the muzzle better from damage and foreign material compared to a thread protector just by its length and design. An accidental poke in the dirt with a break or flash hider is easier to see than a muzzle thread protector and keeps the bore farther away from such obstructions.
            Last edited by montana; 04-14-2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Klem
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

Originally posted by rwh View Post
              TARGET CROWN! ACCURACY COUNTS! Who are we hiding our flash from? What's the point of a muzzle break on a grendel?
              I enjoy the lesser recoil of a muzzle brake. It might even help accuracy by anticipating lesser recoil. You can still have the benefits of a target crown and use a muzzle device. I take it off to clean it every now an then (doesn't have to be permanently fitted).

Comment

Working...
              X