• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

RZE Unimag

I'm starting a thread for this mag so we can get some feedback for the forum on how it works. It appears the initial production run was way too tight in most mag wells, requiring both arms and knees to remove from AR15s.

This was supposed to be addressed with the next run.

If it works, it could be another option for mags for us.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • danm
    Warrior
    • Aug 2014

Most interesting, while I love my E-Landers it wouldn't suck to have another option...

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Why is the red follower reversed- in the 2 pics, with what looks like a 5.56 round inside-? Is it metal lipped, and poly bodied?

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
        Why is the red follower reversed- in the 2 pics, with what looks like a 5.56 round inside-? Is it metal lipped, and poly bodied?
        It has an articulating follower that equalizes orientation based on what cartridge you load in it.

There's a spring guide that has pivot points for the follower to hinge on, so it can adapt to different case tapers.

It's meant to load and feed 5.56, 7.62x39, 6.5 Grendel, .300 Blackout, etc.
        Last edited by LRRPF52; 03-31-2017, 03:16 AM.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Sneaky, I see what your talking about its not reversed its just the angle the pic was taken at that makes it look that way.

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Still no answer on the poly, Yes A5 the picture was reversed. BFT is a photo shop wiz. I'm guessing he had a time in this pic- it's what he does.

Man, all of my awesome ideas from long ago are finally being made--- I was a busy guy in the days... New mags., new bullet ideas, I can retire in 30 years, no money from my ideas, yet a happy guy!

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

The center internal - vertical guide is too deep into the ammo column at the top- see it? That's why it is bulging with the AK, & Grr rounds- needing a huge effort to extract the mag. Maybe a softer spongier mtl. is needed. Or keep the internal ribs as same as the 5.56 in that area.

The Grrrr has a few issues, for sure for mags. I Love my new 5 rnd. Grrr Pmag tho... Smoooove , like buttah.
              Last edited by sneaky one; 04-01-2017, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• RangerRick
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2014

I ordered one of these to play around with. It is supposed to work with 5.56, 6.5, 6.8, and several other calibers. Thefollower is two piece with a "teeter totter" hinge for the lower part to allow the back of the follower to bend down to accommodate different size cases.

Mine was ultra tight in the mag well even empty, so I'm trying to return it for a fixed one.

Clever idea. I think this is the one a guy came on the forum with a year or so ago looking for testers.

It's a little steep on price at $35 but could be cheaper if quantityies ramp up. It is advertised as holding 24 Grendel rounds and thirty 5.56.

I only have 6.5 and 5.56 in AR rifles, so that'she all I can test.

RR
                Last edited by RangerRick; 04-03-2017, 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

How recent was your order?

Is it something that can be sanded and re-finished in the mag well area?

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• RangerRick
                    Bloodstained
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                    How recent was your order?

Is it something that can be sanded and re-finished in the mag well area?
                    I just got mine last week from PrimaryArms.com. It could have been on the shelf fore awhile.

This is not a "knock off the rough edges" problem. I don't think it would have gone into the well if I beat on it with a rubber mallet.

I emailed RZE but got no reply. I'm going to try calling them at the number in their packaging.

Not unusual for a new product to have some birth pains, so I'm willing to give them another chance if I can get one that fits.

RR

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

Most of the reviews say they need 2 hands and their feet firmly anchored on the rifle to get the mags to budge after they were pounded into the well, like a wrestling stick game.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Sticks
                        Chieftain
                        • Dec 2016

That would make it California compliant.
                        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• drewthebrave
                          Warrior
                          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                          That would make it California compliant.
                          As a Californian, I both laughed and cried at that comment.

Comment

• Belt Fed
                            Bloodstained
                            • Feb 2019

Did they ever perfect this mag and get it working? Be a great idea but not if you can't install and remove with ease.

Comment

• hill37
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2017

I Googlized it and could not find anything since 2017.

Comment

Working...
                              X