X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottlessman
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2019

Mine were too tight too, primary arms replaced them with newer batch now they are fine. Work great for 6.5 g, 223 and 5.45x39.

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

Will they come out with a 5- or 10-round mag? Would be nice.
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Onebigelf
        Unwashed
        • Sep 2017

I just picked up 5 of what are supposed to be the second generation mags from Tactical Shit. The box arrived this weekend, but i haven't even opened it yet because the last couple of weeks have been an amazing sh!tshow. I'll get a chance to at least look at them this evening. I'll be trying them with 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39, and .300 Blackout. Couple of months I'll probably add one of the big-bore cartridges to that list, which is why I ordered them. Minimum 4 different calibers from the same set of mags was too good to pass up. If it works.

John

Yeah, so I ended up going upstairs and trying them in 4 different ARs. 3 are built on Anderson lowers, one is a dedicated 22LR on a New Fronteir polymer lower. Obviously the mag isn't for 22LR, but it's still a "milspec" dimension lower. Or so they say.

The magazines go into all 4 lowers without what I would consider undue force. They lock in place. On the lower for my .300BO and the New Frontier lower, the mags drop free upon release (empty). The other 2 they will pull free easily, but do not drop free.

I loaded the mag with 25 rounds of 7.62x39 Wolf 122gr FMJ. The mags still fit all 4 lowers, inserting without difficulty. They drop free from the NF and .300BO lowers, but still have to be pulled from the other 2. Still don't bind in any way, they pull free easily, but even with the weight of a fully loaded mag they don't drop.

My other lowers are all pistol caliber and won't take a full-size magazine. I have a friend that has a rifle I built on a Bushmaster lower that I can try the mags for fit in later. I'll update as I go. The real question is the feeding, obviously. It'll be weeks before I can get to the range just now, but I'll update on that when I can. Without dropping free, the mags are at best range mags. - Still an improvement on earlier reports.

PS. the product number ends -001B
        I'm assuming the B indicates second generation.
        Last edited by Onebigelf; 01-20-2020, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Rkangel
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2020

Originally posted by Onebigelf View Post
          I just picked up 5 of what are supposed to be the second generation mags from Tactical Shit. The box arrived this weekend, but i haven't even opened it yet because the last couple of weeks have been an amazing sh!tshow. I'll get a chance to at least look at them this evening. I'll be trying them with 6.5 Grendel, 7.62x39, and .300 Blackout. Couple of months I'll probably add one of the big-bore cartridges to that list, which is why I ordered them. Minimum 4 different calibers from the same set of mags was too good to pass up. If it works.

John

Yeah, so I ended up going upstairs and trying them in 4 different ARs. 3 are built on Anderson lowers, one is a dedicated 22LR on a New Fronteir polymer lower. Obviously the mag isn't for 22LR, but it's still a "milspec" dimension lower. Or so they say.

The magazines go into all 4 lowers without what I would consider undue force. They lock in place. On the lower for my .300BO and the New Frontier lower, the mags drop free upon release (empty). The other 2 they will pull free easily, but do not drop free.

I loaded the mag with 25 rounds of 7.62x39 Wolf 122gr FMJ. The mags still fit all 4 lowers, inserting without difficulty. They drop free from the NF and .300BO lowers, but still have to be pulled from the other 2. Still don't bind in any way, they pull free easily, but even with the weight of a fully loaded mag they don't drop.

My other lowers are all pistol caliber and won't take a full-size magazine. I have a friend that has a rifle I built on a Bushmaster lower that I can try the mags for fit in later. I'll update as I go. The real question is the feeding, obviously. It'll be weeks before I can get to the range just now, but I'll update on that when I can. Without dropping free, the mags are at best range mags. - Still an improvement on earlier reports.

PS. the product number ends -001B
          I'm assuming the B indicates second generation.
          Any update on how these are working?

Comment

• HuntTXhogs
            Warrior
            • Jan 2014

Comment

Working...
            X