• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jkingrph
    Warrior
    • Aug 2014

CZ 527 magazine

Will the new CZ 527 use a Grendel specific magazine or will one of the 7.62x39 magazines work reliably?
    Member before 2010, account deleted per 2011 spam attack
  • Drift
    Warrior
    • Nov 2014

I cant see any reason to change.

Comment

• SDguy
      Warrior
      • Oct 2015

7.62 x 39 mag works flawlessly on my 7.62 x 39 conversion to 6.5 Grendel with no alterations. New Grendel suposedly will be offered with the three round magazine.

Still I would expect CZ would choose to make the 3 and 5 round magazines interchangeable in that they would fit the same firearm.

Comment

• jkingrph
        Warrior
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Drift View Post
        I cant see any reason to change.
        ???

If extra magazines will be made available I agree. My question was based on reading about others rebarreling 7.62 carbines to 6.5 Grendel, knowing they had to use the 7.62 magazines, and wondering how reliable they are.

Comment

• kmon
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2015

Running a 7.62X39 mag in my conversion, had a few failure to feed issues when it was new and loaded with 5 rounds loaded, functioned flawless with 4 in it. After 50 or so shots I have loaded 5 numerous times since then without any failures. I have 2 527s the Grendel and a 223, both like to be cycled briskly

Comment

• jkingrph
            Warrior
            • Aug 2014

I thought that might be the "case" as the 7.63x39 is the parent case for the 6.5 Grendel. I will just have to wait and see if extra Grendel specific magazines are available after I get my rifle.

Comment

• explorecaves
              Warrior
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by jkingrph View Post
              I thought that might be the "case" as the 7.63x39 is the parent case for the 6.5 Grendel. I will just have to wait and see if extra Grendel specific magazines are available after I get my rifle.
              I doubt CZ will spend the resources to develop a grendel specific mag unless there are significant issues. Most of those issues will arise once you start to exceed 7-10 rounds....

Comment

• jkingrph
                Warrior
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
                I doubt CZ will spend the resources to develop a grendel specific mag unless there are significant issues. Most of those issues will arise once you start to exceed 7-10 rounds....
                Somewhat my thoughts. I am hoping though that they make a 3 round magazine so the rifle will be trimmer and handier to carry.

Comment

• jkingrph
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2014

Got my 527 6.5 Grendel today, The magazines are labeled 7.62x39/6.5Grendel. I had ordered a couple of 7.62x39 Mags to have on hand and they work perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                  X