• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Need some help with eyes out for copyright infringement

For all the different forums you may find yourselves on, we would like to be notified if you see any copyright infringement of content from the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks.

I know a lot of you don't see what has gone on behind the scenes to make these a reality, but it has involved a substantial sacrifice from us, including tens of thousands of dollars in printing fees, purchasing components, testing systems, ballistics gelatin, firearms, software, range trips, interstate travel expenses, trade shows, website fees, shipping infrastructure, research, and most importantly...time.

What I envisioned and pitched many years ago here on the forum to a few different members has turned out to be a much better printed work than I imagined, and we are thankful for the response we have gotten to it, but it isn't a windfall of profits like some might think.

Just getting into printing something for such a niche market within a niche market is not your major bestseller, and will be a labor of love, with your family wondering why you are investing so much time and effort for little or even no returns.

Just because it is easy to steal information and publish it without permission on the internet does not make it right, and we would like help in identifying any sources where this may be happening.

Please send any links you may find to me via email preferred, PM secondary.

Thanks for the mutual support here on the forum. These handbooks were meant for you all. I understand the costs associated with them are similar to a box or two of ammunition, and that is a reflection of real world printing costs, as well as increasing shipping costs from USPS.

We have looked at making them as affordable as possible from the start, including e-publishing. The problem with electronic devices for reloaders, which is discussed in Volume II in the detailed loading procedures chapter, is increased electromagnetic interference with your scales. Yes, you can turn your wireless off, but it can be turned back on without you even knowing, especially with so many default information-mining overrides from applications nowadays.

This requires that you disassemble and void the warranty of your scales and powder measures, then insulate them, which most people aren't going to do.

I've seen what my cell phone does to my digital scales, and it will throw them way off, even when 10 feet away sometimes, so I leave it in another room entirely. If you live in an apartment, you should strongly consider insulating your digital scales for this reason.

Thanks again for all your support, without which these handbooks would never be a reality.
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 03-28-2017, 02:59 PM.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • Texas
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2016

Roger Wilco

Comment

• kmon
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2015

Will keep an eye out for it in the Forums I visit. On a couple of them I have sent people the link to your site and this site for those looking for Grendel info.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

That's sucks to hear. Not what I was expecting to find when trying to look up the prices for these manuals which I'll hopefully be ordering these sometime soon. I'm not sure if you can set them up to search the entire web but might want to look into Google alerts. Might be helpful. I'm not that good at setting them up. I'd like to help but this is my main go to.

Comment

• Klem
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          ... The problem with electronic devices for reloaders, which is discussed in Volume II in the detailed loading procedures chapter, is increased electromagnetic interference with your scales. Yes, you can turn your wireless off, but it can be turned back on without you even knowing, especially with so many default information-mining overrides from applications nowadays.

This requires that you disassemble and void the warranty of your scales and powder measures, then insulate them, which most people aren't going to do.

I've seen what my cell phone does to my digital scales, and it will throw them way off, even when 10 feet away sometimes, so I leave it in another room entirely. If you live in an apartment, you should strongly consider insulating your digital scales for this reason.

Hmmm, with respect, probably a bit exaggerated. If your scales need a Faraday Cage to work properly then it's back to the manufacturer for a refund.

It may not be the device that is at fault. RF/EMI interference or 'noise' depends on a few things. There may be a transmitter nearby. Or overloaded circuits, or sockets, or it may be the power supply to the scales.

DC current and even a buck or boost regulator to go with it will smooth any power issues.

Turning your phone to Flight Mode is designed to prevent transmission. If you have to turn it off entirely there is something seriously wrong.

I have my phone on, no more than a metre away from an RCBS Chargemaster and also occasionally a Hornady digital scale - both work fine. The phone plays music via the Bluetooth system so it is transmitting constantly. I have a set of check weights which get used every now and then, along with the weight of the pan. The scales are recalibrated every time the power it turned on. I have never seen this problem.

I have realised over time that draughts, wind and vibration are a big interferer when weighing. Even breathing over the scales when your big fat head is up-close trying to make out the numbers on the screen.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

My cell has me logged into Google even though I deactivated the google account feature.

One of the programs decided this was best for me, but I was speaking more about tablets, which is what most people use to read books on.

My tablet is even worse when it comes to back-door activation of things, saving images to the cloud that can't be erased, defaulting to bung even though I have google as the default search engine, things like that.

The amount of bloatware and hidden features that override your specific inputs in settings makes me have zero trust for the devices, other than a product placement ad stream tool for shameless companies with zero regard for the consumer.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• rwh
              Warrior
              • Jun 2014

I used to have a Sartorius AY123 that was very sensitive to RF interference. I could tell when I was getting a text on my cell phone because the scale would start drifting all over the place, same thing when the wireless ethernet was operating. I ended up selling it and getting one with some shielding. Now my cell phone can stay in the room with the scale no problem.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

My buddies in Europe have had to insulate their RCBS Chargemasters because of RF interference.

Living in apartments with neighbors and routers, cell phones, all kinds of RF all over the building can be problematic.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Klem
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                  My buddies in Europe have had to insulate their RCBS Chargemasters because of RF interference.

Living in apartments with neighbors and routers, cell phones, all kinds of RF all over the building can be problematic.
                  I hear you on that. North of where I am was one of two places in the world considered low (but not free) of RF/EMI 'noise' for the Square Kilometre Array celestial radio telescope. Other places on the planet are probably more like Chernobyl.

Don't get me started on Big Brother, privacy and losing control of our devices. I hear some car manufacturers get you to sign off your privacy when buying a new car given the features that record you location, speed, etc to the Cloud constantly. I imagine in 10 years whenever we exceed the speed limit our bank account will be automatically deducted before we get home. I leave my phone at home sometimes. After the initial worry about not having a phone within reach it becomes liberating. Like the old saying, 'It's only kinky the first time'...

Comment

• neenjuh
                    Unwashed
                    • Jan 2015

Where can we buy just volume 2? I bought volume 1 a long time ago but haven't picked up volume 2 yet.

Comment

• biodsl
                      Chieftain
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by neenjuh View Post
                      Where can we buy just volume 2? I bought volume 1 a long time ago but haven't picked up volume 2 yet.

Scroll down...you should see it there.
                      Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• neenjuh
                        Unwashed
                        • Jan 2015

Thanks. For some reason mine was only showing the combo.

Comment

Working...
                        X