Bloodstained
    • Jun 2016

6.5 mm 122 grn solids .635bc?

Who's gonna try them

• BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Cool.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Looks like they are intended for 6.5-08 class of cartridges at high speed.

They turn a 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5x47 Lapua, or .260 Rem into a 2000yd ELR rifle.

He had center of mass hits at 1 mile with only 14.6 mils of elevation. He was only 6 mils to 1000yds. Wind drift is very minimal.

It shoots like a 6mm for speed, but with BCs better than 140gr 6.5mm target bullets.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• rickOshay
        Warrior
        • Apr 2012

Doesn't look like they're for sale on the Wagner page yet.

Comment

• ricsmall
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Perfect for my 260 AI !! I'd like to try the 151 gr in the 280 AI I'm about to build, I'll test the ABLR 168 first since I already have those. Nice find

Richard
          Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• rickOshay
            Warrior
            • Apr 2012

I missed the listing before. They're on Warner's page listed at 121 gr. Also, at 1.462" they will be a bit long for the Grendel.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

$62.40/50 = $1.25 each.

1.462 total length - 0.675 bearing surface and boat tail length = 0.787 nose length (although some of that is "cannelure"), which is 20mm.

6.5 Grendel case length of 38.6mm loaded within mag length of 2.260, which is 57.4mm, allows nose exposure of 18.8mm. If you load to 2.300 your nose exposure is 19.8mm.

The long nose of these may or may not work in the 65G depending on how much is defined as cannelure and how much is actually ogive.
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• rickOshay
                Warrior
                • Apr 2012

Just emailed with Dan at Warner - he said this LFP is designed for higher velocities to get the max advantage of its design, in the range of 2750 to 2800. Doesn't mean they won't work in the Grendel - just may not get your money's worth.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Hmmmm, how do they compare to the 140 natrualis,?, as far as actual rifling contact ROS?

Comment

• Texas
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2016

The reports on the bullet look intruiging, but if I were going to take advantage of it, it would be in a bolt gun with a case capacity of a 284 or larger. The Grendel is meeting the hunting needs with less expensive projectiles that fit in my mags.

Comment

• HillclimberCR500
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jun 2016

Guess it's time to get a creedmoor.

Comment

• rickOshay
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                        Hmmmm, how do they compare to the 140 natrualis,?, as far as actual rifling contact ROS?
                        From the published picture, It looks like they have a long boat tail you could whack off - if that's what you're asking about?

I don't have any, and may not. I thought this was going to be an easy little project on LFPs, but the lead-free market is rapidly expanding (pun intended) and I'm going broke keeping up.

Comment

Working...
                        X