• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barb Bush
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2017

New DSArms / Mega 6.5 Grendel

Just got my new New DSArms / Mega 6.5 Grendel thrown together last night. Will get her zero'd this weekend and see how she shoots.

Mega Multi Lower
    Timney SSt Trigger
    DSArms Billet Upper
    Odin Works 20"
    Odin Works Low Profile Gas Block
    Odin Works 6.5 Grendel Complete M16 Cut Bolt Carrier Group
    Odin Works O2lite hand guard
    Magpul MOE Rifle Stock
    Vortex High Rifle Rings
    Bushnell Elite 10x40 Riflescope

I'm really happy with how she turned out. Yes, 5.56 mag for pics only. Purchased ASC 10 rounders for shooting.

7002 Small (800x450).jpg

7006 Small (800x450).jpg
  • danm
    Warrior
    • Aug 2014

Looks nice, will definitely get the job done! Why the ASC mags instead of E-Landers?

Comment

• Barb Bush
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by danm View Post
      Looks nice, will definitely get the job done! Why the ASC mags instead of E-Landers?
      Being my first Grendel AR, I didn't know one was really better than another. Should I return the ASC's and purchase E-Landers? Do they feed better, lighter, quieter, more durable?

I should have done more research. Worth swapping them out?

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I have several ASC mags which function and are reasonably priced. When AA started selling E-Lander I have since purchased a few E-Landers. The E-Lander seem to be a higher quality mag in finish and material compared to ASC however both work. The only issue I've had with an ASC mag was one 24 round mag failed to feed. Comparing the feed lips on the faulty mag to functional mags I noticed the feed lips were lower on the bad mag. I used a pair of pliers to adjust the feed lips on the faulty mag to match my good mags. This tweak seems to have resolved the issue with my one bad mag.

I suggest you try your ASC mag and see if it functions in your rifle. I've found on my ASC mags they had a gummy substance in the interior of the mag. Cleaning the interior of the ASC seemed to smooth loading and unloading. I've also found loading my new mags to capacity and letting them set loaded a couple weeks makes them easier to load and use.

Comment

• rebby
          Warrior
          • Mar 2017

I have both ASC and E-Landers. Both function just fine and I haven't had any problems with either. For some reason or another though my E-Landers are noisy when moving around. I've torn them apart a few times and haven't been able to find any obvious reason why either. For that reason I carry my ASCs in the field. No sense making anymore noise than I have to.

Comment

• Texas
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2016

Very nice looking rifle.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Texas View Post
              Very nice looking rifle.
              +1 indeed.
              Another thing to consider I've heard the AA E-Landers can be a bit of wait once ordered, but also that those times can vary widely depending. Good luck can't wait to see the test results.

Comment

• Barb Bush
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2017

I really appreciate all the information.

Yep I will try out the ASCs and see how they perform. I'm in the Republic of California, we are only allowed 10 rounders anyhow. Will give it a go.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

The 10 round ASC mags are gtg, I have been useing three of them for close to a year now and have not had one malfunction due to mags yet.

I bought mine from PF, you may want to load them up to full capacity and let them sit for a few weeks, I read to do that when I bought mine so I did and like I said I have not had a single problem, but that could be because they are quality mags and not because I keep them loaded for a few weeks.

Hope this info helps sir.

Comment

Working...
                  X