• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Ditcher View Post
    20" model is the one I was looking at! Little work to it I bet he could bring that group down. After watching Tim from the MAC shoot a 308 Vepr vs a POF 308 I was sold. Gave that POF run for its money!
    How does he Have the scope mounted? Using a side mount and rail on top?
    Yes, using a MI mount. Seemed secure, but after about 50 rounds it wanders/flexes everytime... haven't tried any other solutions yet..

Thing is a really good shooter, and has been dead reliable for him.

Comment

• Sticks
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2016

Eastern Europe gun design, need an Eastern Europe Scope. I ran a couple of these on my PSL and loved them. https://kalinkaoptics.com/

Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Christopher67
        Warrior
        • May 2015

You could always have this done to your VEPR.

I was told Definitive Arms charges $450 to do this.

Comment

• MeatAxe
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
          Yes, using a MI mount. Seemed secure, but after about 50 rounds it wanders/flexes everytime... haven't tried any other solutions yet..

Thing is a really good shooter, and has been dead reliable for him.

RS Regulate makes the very best side rail AK mounts. A little pricy, but worth the money. Light, strong, hold zero:

A rugged lightweight mount with industry leading ultra-low profile and completely customizable. Get yours now.”

Comment

• MeatAxe
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Christopher67 View Post
            You could always have this done to your VEPR.

I was told Definitive Arms charges $450 to do this.

Yeah, with an AK permanently modified to take AR mags, I think you're getting the worst of both worlds. I'm not sure if DA is even doing that mod anymore and Canis has had a spotty CS record, to say the least. Also requires grinding down the front trunnion to get the AR mags to fit (doesn't seem advisable), which may be why DA is not doing that mod anymore.

Csspecs, which makes solid alternative-caliber AK mags, should have their "hi-cap" 6.5 Grendel mag coming out soon: http://stores.csspecs.com/coming-soon/

Otherwise, the Tapco 7.62x39 mags seem to work in a pinch.
            Last edited by MeatAxe; 10-21-2017, 04:08 AM.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
              My father absolutely loves his Vepr Grendel. It's the 20" model and it's surprisingly accurate.. 1-1.5 moa with handloads.

Only conundrum he runs into is getting a scope to mount solid and stay put.
              yeah one of my PSL's I bought from a buddy came with a original LPS scope and it like to literally fly off the rail after about 3-5 shots. On 54r.net pointed out this will happen with miss matched scooes and rails. Apparently there's three different specs on the rails and also for the scope mounts pretty lame! Barrel is also canted I just bought a spare Romy rpk trunnion for it though. It's still an awesome rifle for $160 needs some serious TLC though.
              Not sure if the vepr's have some issue like this or not. The side rail setup is kinda goofy but I guess it's the best option for that rig. I'm considering milling my own mount for the current LPS or buying a new one (making sure it's correct to that year rifle).

I'm not a huge a fan but I am interested to see them evolve past the current tech. Seems like they have been stuck in rut so to speak.

Comment

Working...
              X