• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greyfox
    Bloodstained
    • May 2011

30 Major

A new cartridge made from the 6.5 Grendel. http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2017/03/21/

Greyfox
  • mdram
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

just some targets for printing
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• ScoutH57
      Bloodstained
      • Oct 2016

That's a little silly to me and I'm pretty open minded about wildcats.

Comment

• ricsmall
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Basically already done with the .308 Arrow. Great group though!! The arrow brass is from hornady. Same brass as Grendel but necked up, shoulder shortened, and stamped.308 Arrow.

Richard
        Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• cb4017
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Seems to me it would be a step backward. Why would you give up the superior ballistics of the 6.5 bullet??
          Cliff
          USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Dues Vult

Comment

• rwh
            Warrior
            • Jun 2014

It looks like they were trading ballistics for accuracy at 100 yards. In benchrest score shooting larger calibers have an edge, and if you can combine a 30 caliber bullet with that kind of accuracy it's practically cheating.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
              Chieftain
              • May 2012

the extra mm of bullet diameter buys you a mm margin of error to catch the line and score a bullseye, same thing goes on with archery guys use fat arrows for short range and indoor archer they are up too 0.422 inch in diameter because they dont worry about wind especially indoors the long range outdoor shooting typically uses the thinest arrows possible to fight the wind at 90M
              Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• Mopardoctor
                Warrior
                • Apr 2015

Time for a 7.62 x 39 Ackerly Improved.

Comment

• Sticks
                  Chieftain
                  • Dec 2016

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                  the extra mm of bullet diameter buys you a mm margin of error to catch the line and score a bullseye, same thing goes on with archery guys use fat arrows for short range and indoor archer they are up too 0.422 inch in diameter because they dont worry about wind especially indoors the long range outdoor shooting typically uses the thinest arrows possible to fight the wind at 90M
                  Until they institute the "Inside Out" rule at a tournament. People put away the Lincoln Logs real quick and get out the Knitting Needles.
                  Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• ScoutH57
                    Bloodstained
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
                    Ah, that makes more sense, learn something new everyday.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                      Until they institute the "Inside Out" rule at a tournament. People put away the Lincoln Logs real quick and get out the Knitting Needles.
                      inside out is the tie breaker, i honestly dont find the big arrows all that useful for indoor i shoot the small ones better, a few of the pros went similar route just shooting small for the whole deal they end up in the inside out enough that the advantage of being used to the tune for the small arrows was a better advantage than buying a line with the big ones

but back to bullets the bullets used for 100 yard benchrest shooting are vastly different than long range stuff most of us use with the grendel i mean heck lapus basicaly makes a semi wadcutter for the 6.5 for BR use
                      Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• bj139
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
                        Basically already done with the .308 Arrow. Great group though!! The arrow brass is from hornady. Same brass as Grendel but necked up, shoulder shortened, and stamped.308 Arrow.

Richard
                        3000 FPS with the 110 gr bullet. That sure beats the Grendel short range.

Unless you are in the military, most targets are not shot at 600 yds.

Comment

• Kilco
                          Chieftain
                          • Jan 2016

Only 30 cal AR15 cartridge that floats my boat is the 30 Rem AR. Never got the love it deserves.

With middle of the road charges I push a 110 TTSX 3050 fps, 110 Varmageddon 3150 fps, 125 Nosler BT 2880 fps and the 155 ELD-M 2650 fps. Rawr!

Comment

Working...
                          X