Thread: 30 Major

Bloodstained

30 Major

A new cartridge made from the 6.5 Grendel. http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2017/03/21/

Greyfox

Warrior
    this makes my head hurt

7.6239 Russian
    v
    .220 Russian
    v
    6mm PPC
    v
    6.5 PPC
    v
    6.5 Grendel
    v
    30 Major

Bloodstained
    That's a little silly to me and I'm pretty open minded about wildcats.

Basically already done with the .308 Arrow. Great group though!! The arrow brass is from hornady. Same brass as Grendel but necked up, shoulder shortened, and stamped.308 Arrow.

http://www.arrowarms.net/aarms/index.php/the-308-arrow/

Richard
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Bloodstained
    Seems to me it would be a step backward. Why would you give up the superior ballistics of the 6.5 bullet??
    Cliff
    USN Ret., FPD Ret.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

It looks like they were trading ballistics for accuracy at 100 yards. In benchrest score shooting larger calibers have an edge, and if you can combine a 30 caliber bullet with that kind of accuracy it's practically cheating.

Chieftain
    the extra mm of bullet diameter buys you a mm margin of error to catch the line and score a bullseye, same thing goes on with archery guys use fat arrows for short range and indoor archer they are up too 0.422 inch in diameter because they dont worry about wind especially indoors the long range outdoor shooting typically uses the thinest arrows possible to fight the wind at 90M
    Punctuation is for the weak....

Bloodstained
    Time for a 7.62 x 39 Ackerly Improved.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
    the extra mm of bullet diameter buys you a mm margin of error to catch the line and score a bullseye, same thing goes on with archery guys use fat arrows for short range and indoor archer they are up too 0.422 inch in diameter because they dont worry about wind especially indoors the long range outdoor shooting typically uses the thinest arrows possible to fight the wind at 90M
    Until they institute the "Inside Out" rule at a tournament. People put away the Lincoln Logs real quick and get out the Knitting Needles.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Bloodstained
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoosesnipe View Post
    Ah, that makes more sense, learn something new everyday.

Chieftain
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Until they institute the "Inside Out" rule at a tournament. People put away the Lincoln Logs real quick and get out the Knitting Needles.
    inside out is the tie breaker, i honestly dont find the big arrows all that useful for indoor i shoot the small ones better, a few of the pros went similar route just shooting small for the whole deal they end up in the inside out enough that the advantage of being used to the tune for the small arrows was a better advantage than buying a line with the big ones

but back to bullets the bullets used for 100 yard benchrest shooting are vastly different than long range stuff most of us use with the grendel i mean heck lapus basicaly makes a semi wadcutter for the 6.5 for BR use
    Punctuation is for the weak....