• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WoodrowAugustus
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

JP Enterprises 18" barrel for sale w/ heat sink

***SOLD***, no longer For sale is a JP Enterprises Supermatch 18" lightweight contour barrel. Specifically, part number JPSM6.5G - 18L8R. 1:8 twist, rifle length gas, threaded 5/8x24. JP Enhanced matched bolt included. Additional features include light polish ($20), clear coat on bolt, and gold thermal dissipator ($75). The barrel was manufactured on 10.28.16, etched just past the barrel extension. Total cost was $624 plus shipping. I'm asking $475 shipped.

I installed the barrel as an upgrade to an ARP and fired 26 rounds - one sighter then five rounds each of five different ammo types I have. After deciding to sell, I cleaned the barrel and bolt thoroughly.

Why am I selling? The heat sink will not fit inside a Noveske NSR hand guard because the inside diameter is 1.35". I'm stubborn about keeping rifle in it's current configuration and decided to sell the barrel instead of the hand guard. I milled the heat sink down on a drum sander in my shop, but it did not remove enough material and instead of chasing it I decided to sell. The heat sink is an add option and not required to be used with the barrel, but I wanted it on the barrel and am stubborn about it. Makes little to no sense, but here I am selling at a loss.

JP Grendel barrel.JPG

Acceptable forms of payment include personal check, Paypal (buyer covers fees or sends as gift), USPS money order. I will ship the same day funds are received.

Trade interests are limited exclusively to Glock 40 MOS 10mm or Leupold VX3 or VX6 4-14/3-18 x 40ish objectives with CDS turrets. Cash added on my end.
    Last edited by WoodrowAugustus; 04-06-2017, 01:14 PM.
  • SG4247
    Warrior
    • Aug 2013

So what is the OD of the heat sink now that its been on the belt sander?

Thanks
    NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Not to come off as a smart butt, why not just take the heat sink off and use the handgaurd you want.

I have the same barrel bolt combo and I don't have the heat sink on mine and have no problems useing it without the heat sink.

Comment

• WoodrowAugustus
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
        Not to come off as a smart butt, why not just take the heat sink off and use the handgaurd you want.

I have the same barrel bolt combo and I don't have the heat sink on mine and have no problems useing it without the heat sink.
        You're not a smart ass. That is a perfectly logical question. It was an aesthetic thing I couldn't get over. Wanted to like it, but couldn't. I built a rifle for my brother with the same barrel and heat sink under a 1.35" hand guard and milled it down further to work. His shoots great, I just didn't want to spend that much time working on it again.

Comment

• WoodrowAugustus
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2017

I can check with calipers tonight, but it should be about 1.34". Started as 1.375".

Comment

• Bobke
            Warrior
            • Dec 2015

Shot you a PM reply with offer to take pending review.

Comment

• WoodrowAugustus
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2017

Barrel was sold yesterday evening to Bobke FTF after a thorough inspection of the chamber and an enjoyable conversation. Thanks!

Comment

• Bobke
                Warrior
                • Dec 2015

In terms of buyer feedback, call WoodrowAugustus stand up and GTG, just like his namesake. Given full accommodation to review prior to sale to satisfy my more than retentive nature. WDBA, certain.

Comment

Working...
                X