TR SPG wait is BS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwilson1985

as am i i will send it to my brother-in-law which is a 1lt and the rest of all my military buddys thing is ,my brother-in-law is in tight with alot of big wigs so could be a not so good..situation for TR

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Contact the triple B. == the better business bureau. They eat this stuff up for breakfast. BTW, have you actually EVER, signed your name on anything yet ? See if you can stick it back to them-legally, on the cheap, a decent lawyer should know. Find one that loves rifles-hunts-etc.

Comment

• Clod Stomper

I WOULD contact the Better Business Bureau, but I WOULD NOT expect much satisfaction. At least based on my experience with them. I reported a company that defrauded me. The company tells the BBB and me that they'll refund my money, which they never do. I keep complaining. The BBB says that I must be one of those people that just can't be satisfied. They seemed completely unconcerned about the situation. The BBB told me that they couldn't force the company to do anything if the co. wasn't a member.

I hope your experience is better. I wish you luck.

Will

ETA: I would definitely contact the credit card company if a cc was used to pay for the rifle. That may be more productive. The credit card co. CAN get your money back if you follow their procedures. I do believe there is a time limit as stated above, but the claim can still be made. It's just more involved. It's been several years, so I don't remember the details.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-18-2011, 12:37 AM. Reason: Added more opinions. I have plenty.

Comment

Sounds like you're getting the raw deal but I have to ask, "What does the contract say?"

-Will-

Comment

My TR SPG Contract

The text below in bold is taken directly from my contract, tried to attach it but didn't work so well. The rest of the contract is price break down and my CC info/signature. You can see that it doesn't mention delivery times, well I really learned my lesson with these guys, never again will I trust a company. Since Tac Rifles has no honor or integrity I am forced to take costly legal measures during the holiday season no less! I was reading through my emails and came across one from Tac Rifles that said "Good news, we are 4-6 weeks from completion of your rifle!" That was Mar 23 2010!!!!! I get so pissed every time I think of this crap!

Tactical Rifles, Inc. 38439 5th Ave, #186, Zephyrhills, FL 33542 Phone: 352-458-4675 Fax: 407-264-8701 Specifications are subject to change without notice. *The above photo is for illustration purposes only * Accuracy guarantee requires proper break-in and cleaning proceedure. * Standard price includes rifle only, no accessories/options are included unless detailed in quotation *Stock configuration and colors are as detailed in quotation, and may differ from example rifle illustrated.

"Notes: Tactical Rifles will confirm receipt of deposit. Then your job will be entered into the Production Sheet. We will not give updates of construction progress under any circumstances. When your rifle is complete, you will be notified. Applied painted finishes can and do scratch and exhibit signs of wear - we cannot be responsible for such. 50% non-refundable deposit will be charged immediately upon placing order. Balance due upon completion Prices reflect a 3% discount for check/money order payment. Use of credit card will lose that 3% discount. Once notice of completion is given by us, rifles must be paid for within 10 business days or will be considered forfeit without refund Your Tactical Rifle will be shipped to your local FFL upon completion and balance of payment. Please have your dealer mail us a signed copy of their FFL (which must be current at time of shipping). Your dealer MUST reference you as the customer on the FFL or we will not be able to identify you as the buyer All changes must be in writing, no verbal changes will be accepted. Change orders are subject to a $50 per item charge and are not possible beyond 30days of signing order form"

Comment

I did contact the BBB, have not heard anything back yet. Like you say I'm not expecting much from them, but I do appreciate the advice!
              Thanks

Originally posted by Clod Stomper View Post
              I WOULD contact the Better Business Bureau, but I WOULD NOT expect much satisfaction. At least based on my experience with them. I reported a company that defrauded me. The company tells the BBB and me that they'll refund my money, which they never do. I keep complaining. The BBB says that I must be one of those people that just can't be satisfied. They seemed completely unconcerned about the situation. The BBB told me that they couldn't force the company to do anything if the co. wasn't a member.

I hope your experience is better. I wish you luck.

Will

ETA: I would definitely contact the credit card company if a cc was used to pay for the rifle. That may be more productive. The credit card co. CAN get your money back if you follow their procedures. I do believe there is a time limit as stated above, but the claim can still be made. It's just more involved. It's been several years, so I don't remember the details.

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

There is always a risk paying any money in advance. I, personally, will NOT do that.

Think about it. If a company can't hold any stock, or can't get 30-days credit themselves with their suppliers, that should be a Red flag.

Comment

Yes your right, thing is most big name builders are going to want some $ down payment, might be 10% or even 50%. That's where I screwed up by assuming that Tac Rifles was good to go by being featured in several magazines over the years, I guess it's hard to get anything done when you spend most of your time advertising and sending rifles out to magazines to show off!
                  Dave Lauck at DL Sports is the only custom smith I will work with from now on, I have a piston 5.56AR and a 1911 from him and both are flawless with amazing customer service. He is a true American that will go above and beyond to make sure everything is squared away for the customer, and also a strong supporter of the military.

Originally posted by appleseed-kdc View Post
                  There is always a risk paying any money in advance. I, personally, will NOT do that.

Think about it. If a company can't hold any stock, or can't get 30-days credit themselves with their suppliers, that should be a Red flag.

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Colt View Post
                    The text below in bold is taken directly from my contract, tried to attach it but didn't work so well. The rest of the contract is price break down and my CC info/signature. You can see that it doesn't mention delivery times, well I really learned my lesson with these guys, never again will I trust a company. Since Tac Rifles has no honor or integrity I am forced to take costly legal measures during the holiday season no less! I was reading through my emails and came across one from Tac Rifles that said "Good news, we are 4-6 weeks from completion of your rifle!" That was Mar 23 2010!!!!! I get so pissed every time I think of this crap!

Tactical Rifles, Inc. 38439 5th Ave, #186, Zephyrhills, FL 33542 Phone: 352-458-4675 Fax: 407-264-8701 Specifications are subject to change without notice. *The above photo is for illustration purposes only * Accuracy guarantee requires proper break-in and cleaning proceedure. * Standard price includes rifle only, no accessories/options are included unless detailed in quotation *Stock configuration and colors are as detailed in quotation, and may differ from example rifle illustrated.

"Notes: Tactical Rifles will confirm receipt of deposit. Then your job will be entered into the Production Sheet. We will not give updates of construction progress under any circumstances. When your rifle is complete, you will be notified. Applied painted finishes can and do scratch and exhibit signs of wear - we cannot be responsible for such. 50% non-refundable deposit will be charged immediately upon placing order. Balance due upon completion Prices reflect a 3% discount for check/money order payment. Use of credit card will lose that 3% discount. Once notice of completion is given by us, rifles must be paid for within 10 business days or will be considered forfeit without refund Your Tactical Rifle will be shipped to your local FFL upon completion and balance of payment. Please have your dealer mail us a signed copy of their FFL (which must be current at time of shipping). Your dealer MUST reference you as the customer on the FFL or we will not be able to identify you as the buyer All changes must be in writing, no verbal changes will be accepted. Change orders are subject to a $50 per item charge and are not possible beyond 30days of signing order form"
                    How serious are you? It is against credit card companies rules to offer a cash discount. If they have the ability to process credit card transactions, they CANNOT charge more to do so. This contract is a HUGE red flag to me. I would never sign such a document, but I understand others doing so, especially if they offer a product you specifically desire. Most states have a "delivery contract" which means that the seller must deliver within some reasonable amount of time.

If you paid a big down payment, it would make sense to pay a lawyer to review the contract and make a call to them requesting a refund. He will know the laws pertaining to interstate commerce and what you can expect. Paying a lawyer a couple hundred bucks to retrieve a couple thousand is worth it, at least to me.

If you want to play dirty, you could call your credit card company, point out that this company is charging a premium for credit card transactions, and see if the company will go to bat for your money based on that.

BUT...a lawyer may be your best friend in this situation, as hard as it is to say that!

Comment

• leopard6.5

Colt: Might I make a suggestion.

Being in Florida, there is a large law firm based in Orlando named Morgan & Morgan.
                      One of their ads they run here says that if someone is having trouble getting satisfaction with a company, they( the person with the problem) can use Morgan & Morgan's name to effectively threaten the company with( say you will be contacting Morgan & Morgan if you don't get satisfaction) if the company doesn't give you satisfaction( either the gun or your money back).
                      Morgan & Morgan has a big reputation here and based their business on fighting for the little guy against corporations.
                      The owner is also a huge supporter and contributor to Democratic( I know. I know.) causes so they may love to go after an " evil firearm manufacturer".

Who knows it may be worth a try as it sounds like you're out of any of the polite options anyways.

Good Luck either way.

Lee

Comment

leopard: Roger that, thanks for the info!

Comment

If you have an email from them in March 2010 saying your rifle was 4-6 weeks out, doesn't that imply a delivery date? And since they did not deliver during that time frame, does that constitute a breach of contract on their part? Just wondering..

Comment

My thoughts exactly!

Comment

Lawyer, Lawyer, Lawyer! I would also consider contacting some of the magazines that had write ups on the company and see if they can help by either putting the arm on the company, or by perhaps doing updates on the guns, delivery, customer service etc.

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                                How serious are you? It is against credit card companies rules to offer a cash discount. \

Actually, its not.

http://www.mastercard.com/us/merchan...ual_public.pdf para 5.11.12

Its against their rules to charge extra for credit card payments. A bit of 6 and half dozen, but rules is rules.

I hope he payed by credit card.

Small claims court. The figure depends on your State. In Florida its:-

Tactical Rifles Inc. Florida corporation registration.

Last edited by Guest; 11-29-2011, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X