TR SPG wait is BS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a complete custom built by Defiance Machine in Montana. All they wanted was a modest deposit (couple hundred) on an action that would end up costing around $1250. They delivered on time, let me know how much more I owed, and I received the action within a week of them receiving my final payment. They quoted me 4 weeks to make a complete custom bolt action where I specify which side the ports, bolt handle, type of tang, thickness of recoil lug, in short about 30 things I had to specify.
    They still delivered on time, and even added a custom serial number for me.

That is how I like to do business. I don't mind paying steep prices if the service is that good. I get irked when I get quoted one delivery time, then get strung along because some vendors think you are trapped once they have your parts.
    Last edited by Guest; 03-01-2012, 08:40 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Well I finally got the rifle FEB 24th only after they tried telling me that I still owed them for the multicam coating! Which wasn't true of course, had to back through bank statements and show the amount was paid in full a couple YEARS ago!! Then they have the balls to act like they are giving me the camo for free even though I showed them the exact amount charged on my bank statement! Anyway the rifle is here, looks great but I had to leave for a few weeks training so have not shot it yet. Even if the rifle turns out to be awesome I will still be reminded of the extreme BS I went through getting it every time I look at the damn thing. My opinion has not changed DO NOT DO BUISENESS WITH TR. Thanks for hearing my bitch sesion

noone: Good call on Defiance Machine, awesome people and even better actions!
      Attached Files

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Looks great! What BiPod is that?

Comment

Thanks, it's A GG&G XDS Bipod, still waiting on backordered Atlas LW-17. Also put a Accu-Shot BT12 monopod on the PRS stock, I think it's going to work out good.
          On another note I just preordered a Leupold MK6 1-6X20mm (5.56 CMR-W) with Larue LT-104 for my DL Sports AR, so pretty excited to see how both these work out! Love that D&L stuff!!

Comment

• Variable
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Colt View Post
            Well I finally got the rifle FEB 24th only after they tried telling me that I still owed them for the multicam coating! Which wasn't true of course, had to back through bank statements and show the amount was paid in full a couple YEARS ago!! Then they have the balls to act like they are giving me the camo for free even though I showed them the exact amount charged on my bank statement! Anyway the rifle is here, looks great but I had to leave for a few weeks training so have not shot it yet. Even if the rifle turns out to be awesome I will still be reminded of the extreme BS I went through getting it every time I look at the damn thing. My opinion has not changed DO NOT DO BUISENESS WITH TR. Thanks for hearing my bitch sesion

noone: Good call on Defiance Machine, awesome people and even better actions!
            Glad you finally got it! I also know what you mean. After almost nine years I finally got my Shrike, but I just get mad every time I look at it. You have a nice looking rifle, and I hope it shoots really well for you!
            Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
            We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

WOW NINE YEARS!! Your a better man than me, it took every scrap of self control to not go crazy waiting two years.

Comment

• Variable
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

WOW NINE YEARS!! Your a better man than me, it took every scrap of self control to not go crazy waiting two years.
                Hehe, well after the first five or so years you kind of forget about it until someone asks you.LOL I'd have gotten a refund from them (they would at least do that), but there wasn't any better game in town to move to so I just tried not to think about it. It still definitely killed the buzz though.
                Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• txgunner00
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

At least it looks nice. Hopefully it shoots good for you.
                  NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• BjornF16
                    Chieftain
                    • Jun 2011

Even if the rifle turns out to be awesome I will still be reminded of the extreme BS I went through getting it every time I look at the damn thing.
                    Just let us know if you can't bear looking at it...I'm sure one of us would be happy to remove your misery!
                    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

I'm glad the issue is finally "resolved", I sure hope your new rifle shoots for you!

Please let us know if they really did deliver.

-Will-

Comment

Originally posted by WillD View Post
                        I'm glad the issue is finally "resolved", I sure hope your new rifle shoots for you!

Please let us know if they really did deliver.

-Will-

Hopefully next weekend I will get some range time, will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                        X