X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sk8inrj1
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2017

Ateup, did you get your FTE malfunction diagnosed and/or fixed?

Comment

• Ateup
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by sk8inrj1 View Post
      Ateup, did you get your FTE malfunction diagnosed and/or fixed?
      Haven't been able to get back to the range. Will post asap. Thanks for inquiring.

Comment

• Drillboss
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        I've lost count on how many 6.5 Grendels/uppers I have built now.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but they all just seem to work right out of the gate, like all my other AR15 builds.

I just haven't seen FTExtract that I can recall, come to think of it. Could be my memory going to crap too though, so who knows...

OP: What's your buffer and recoil spring set-up?

What's your gas port diameter?

A 20" should have a RLGS and a .094" port.

When you say "out 1 turn" on the Adjustable Gas Block, does that mean 1 turn from closed? Is so, there's your problem-nowhere near enough gas. Keep opening it until you get lock back on the magazine, then open it another half turn or more, considering weather conditions and their effects on the gas system when they get warmer or colder. Colder will require more gas, hot will require less.
        I can still count mine: One 5.56, four Grendels and a 300 blackout. All ran fine with fixed gas, except for one of the Grendels. That one had problems with some starting loads. Turns out I had scanned the instructions rather than reading them. A slight adjustment fixed the issue.

Based on what I've read here, if I ever do try an adjustable gas block, I think I'll start out wide open and work down from there.

Comment

• Lightstrider
          Bloodstained
          • May 2017

So would you guys recommend going with an adjustable as block from the get go?

Comment

• Sticks
            Chieftain
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Lightstrider View Post
            So would you guys recommend going with an adjustable as block from the get go?
            I think the consensus is that a standard gas port from a quality MFG is good to go, unless you plan on shooting suppressed, or your barrel gas port is suspect.

Quality barrel, proper gas port, standard gas block - no problems. Minor fine tuning can be done with buffer weights and or springs
            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Ateup
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2016

Finally was able to get mine lined out last week. Had to back adjustment screw way out to get it to cycle and then pick up the next round. Used the gas port alignment tool beforehand to make sure it was aligned.

Comment

• Iclypso
                Unwashed
                • Dec 2016

Happy to hear you got it worked out.

Comment

Working...
                X