• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoytec
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2017

Howa Mini on order

Any word when the HB action will be back in stock at Brownells? How about stocks available? I've attempted to make contact with Manners and Mcmillan with no resonse. I like the look of a Boyds but it's too heavy.
  • Matt @ LSI
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

next shipment of those barreled actions lands in about a week or so.

Comment

• Piggly Wiggly
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2017

HB actions from Brownells

I am glad Matt posted estimated delivery of HB actions to Brownell's as I have one on backorder and I am anxiously awaiting. I have already received a stock that I ordered from Boyds. I have used Boyds stocks on several REMINGTON 700's and have been pleased with all of them the fit and finish has always been spot on and I feel like it is a great alternative as a strong sturdy stock at an economical price. Just my opinion on Boyds I realize they are not HS Precision or McMillian but don't cost nearly as much either. Not to mention I like the feel of wood. When I get it put together I will post some pics

Comment

• Hoytec
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2017

I like the Boyds stock but I wish it was a pound lighter. I'm kicking around the idea now about taking material out of the butt stock and drilling/slotting forend.
        Last edited by Hoytec; 04-14-2017, 10:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Piggly Wiggly
          Unwashed
          • Apr 2017

I'm not certain if this stock will work on Howa's mini actions but Banser makes the stocks for the Howa Alpine Rifles and they are really light weight stocks they are advertised as 20 to 23 ounces. The Banser stocks are available at legendary armsworks. All that I have read concerning Banser stocks has been good, they aren't cheap though Legendary Armsworks and Brownell's has them at $330. They aren't finished either they would need to be painted. The model is called High Tech. If they make one to fit the HB mini actions I think you would be impressed with the weight and performance. I have a Howa Alpine in 7mm-08 that has this stock and I'm impressed with the whole package but I must say the stock compliments this rifle as it shoots pretty tight 3 shot groups for such a small diameter barrel and I attribute a lot of that to a good aftermarket stock. Just my opinion. Maybe this will help Hoytec. Good luck with your search for stocks.

Comment

• Hunter307
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2017

No bansner does not currently make a blank for the mini.

Comment

• lrgrendel
              Warrior
              • Jul 2013

Getting tired of Brownell's nonsense. Have a Howa HB barreled action on order since beginning of March....
              Was promised March, was promised April now it is May....

Why do these people take back orders and keep putting back the date...they were quite happy to deliver the LSS chassis and stock I ordered at the same time but....

Comment

• Hoytec
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2017

LSS chassis

What are your preliminary impressions of the chassis? Are you planning on hunting with this setup or just targets? What scope are you planning?

Comment

• kmon
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2015

Shot a Remington Model 7 in an LSS Chassis a couple months ago, the chassis is light weight and solid, really like it but haven't tried it on the mini Howa but bet it would work well and the pic Matt posted in the past looks really good with the mini Howa

Comment

• F224
                    Unwashed
                    • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Hoytec View Post
                    What are your preliminary impressions of the chassis? Are you planning on hunting with this setup or just targets? What scope are you planning?
                    I have one on a Ruger American Ranch in 223. It shrunk the groups about 1/3moa, from just under 1moa to under .6 mos for five shot groups with three different loads. If you like AR's and adjustable stocks, you will like the LSS.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2015

SHIPMENT LANDS NEXT WEEK! make sure you have orders in!

Comment

• mtptwo
                        Unwashed
                        • Apr 2017

Thanks for the update, Matt. A HB mini will finally be mine!

Comment

• Piggly Wiggly
                          Unwashed
                          • Apr 2017

Matt LSI Howa MIni Actions

I have a Howa mini action on backorder from Brownell's I was excited to see where you've posted that they would deliver this week. I have been checking with Brownell's on there live chat feature and the last word from them is it will be mid May before delivery. Matt can you shed any light on the latest update from LSI to Brownell's.

Comment

• Hoytec
                            Bloodstained
                            • Mar 2017

Well I cancelled my order with Brownells yesterday. I decided that I'll take on this project later if more stocks become available.

Comment

• nuthead
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Hoytec View Post
                              Well I cancelled my order with Brownells yesterday. I decided that I'll take on this project later if more stocks become available.
                              Pendleton will make a stock weighing 17ounces (before the recoil pad goes on) for them for $630 as long as someone can provide them an action to make a mold from.

I'm waiting for someone to get one made so i can get one as well lol

If i wasn't overseas id send them mine

Comment

Working...
                              X