• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ishmael63
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2017

Which way to go

I have been interested in the grendel for a while and lurking here to gain some insight. I decided to build a 6.5g, but not sure which way to go about it. I have a Ruger SR 556, Sig M400, and POF Renegade. I'm partial to the piston. Should I take one of these guns I have as a starting point? I'm going to use it for hunting and some 300-400 yard target shooting. I'm a little obsessive about accuracy, so cost really doesn't matter as long as the last four are in the hole of the first. So, which gun? What barrel? BCG? would you guys recommend?
  • JaxsonsOldMan
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

I mated my Grendelhunter upper with my POF renegade lower. Three shots taken, two dead pigs and one gigantic raccoon. I haven't really put it on the bench to try and determine how accurate it truly is, but the lower seamed to function as expected. My upper is a grendelhunter upper, so it doesn't have one of the top of the line barrels that you're likely looking for. But, it's certainly accurate enough for me!

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Precision firearms guarantees 0.5 moa accuracy out of some of there uppers if price does not matter.

Comment

• Ishmael63
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2017

Thanks. Is there nothing proprietary on ruger, sig, and pof? I apologize for needing the for dummies version.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Ishmael63 View Post
          Thanks. Is there nothing proprietary on ruger, sig, and pof? I apologize for needing the for dummies version.
          As far as taking the Ruger apart apart I think they can do some goofy stuff (locktite the barrel nut, propitiatory gas block) but you should be able to easily slap a different upper on it.

No idea about the other two.

Comment

Working...
          X