• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

9/16-24 compensator suggestions? / OPs Inc

I have the AR Stoner 18" medium contour barrel (i.e. Satern Liberty) with 9/16-24 threading. Bought the Helio muzzle device to go with it and the muzzle device just isn't cutting it for me with muzzle flip - barrel moves too much to stay on target to observe impacts on longer range shots.

My main desire from a new device is to minimize muzzle movement.

It's a tough size and the only things I can find out there are 1) the AA Millennium which just seems too long at 4" for. an 18" barrel, and 2) Brownells has an OPs Inc. R3E2C muzzle brake for 30 cal. Reviewers with 30-06's say it greatly reduces muzzle flip and OPs Inc appears to be a major supplier of suppressors to elite US Forces.

Never heard of Ops Inc. before (and I don't necessarily trust the US Govt's purchasing decisions) wondering if anyone has experience with this device on a Grendel or if there are any other 9/16x24 devices out there other than the AA.......
    Let's go Brandon!
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Someone tested a bunch of brakes a couple years ago.

The most popular and widely respected voice in America for your gun rights, breaking 2nd Amendment news, and everything else you need to know as a gun owner...

PF's LMD brake scored third in recoil reduction and they offer it in 9/16 x 24. Disclaimer: I don't have any first hand experience with it, I just remembered seeing this writeup.

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Thanks! That looks like the way to go - small, light and bored for 6.5. And that was my thinking before I saw that they'll cerakote it in FDE.
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Your problem isn't the muzzle device.

I have a Lilja 318 Wasp profiled Grendel with only a PF flash hider, and spotting my own hits is very easy.

What's your gas port diameter? I would look there first, then decide on how to approach taming the system.

Last edited by LRRPF52; 04-07-2017, 08:12 PM.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

It's a mid length system. I do have an adjustable SLR block on it but to be honest, I haven't touched it since I got the rifle working well when I was done building it.

So reducing the gas through the the port will help with flip? And if that doesn't get me there, going to a lighter buffer so I can reduce it more? I just tried to do a google search on it and most of what I found was like being dropped into a graduate level physics class....
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
          X