X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lastrites
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

Pajasonc, I assume you tried the tech email link? I didn't get a response from that one either but got an email back when I tried the support email link support@alexanderarms.com from Whitney. She has responded to my questions usually within a day.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
      Warrior
      • Nov 2016

I emailed asking for info about a barrel and it took a couple days for them to get back. They apologized about the delay and nailed my questions in the one email. I think I did the tech one.

Comment

• pajasonc
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

I did they tech one and tried the tech number. I did call before ordering the barrel to ask if they were in stock and they answered phone right away and were helpful. Going to give them till Monday then I will try alternative numbers and emails. To their credit the voicemail says it will likely be several days

Comment

• pajasonc
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Just wanted to update. Sent my upper in last monday. AA called and said he finished reamed the chamber and it is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Will update again with the results. All in all pretty quick by AA. Turn around of less than two weeks including the shipping time(I am only a few hundred miles away from them and it only takes two days to ship each way even with cheapest option)

Comment

• Lastrites
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

Kudo's to AA in a quick turn around and you didn't have to break down your upper which say's a lot for their customer service!

Comment

• Texkitch
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2017

Thanks for the update. Good to know you could send the assembled upper. I'm now leaning towards sending mine back so I'll be watching for your results.

Comment

• pajasonc
                Warrior
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Texkitch View Post
                Thanks for the update. Good to know you could send the assembled upper. I'm now leaning towards sending mine back so I'll be watching for your results.
                they actually wanted the whole upper for trouble shooting purposes. Have to take your optic off, I wouldn't want to ship it anyhow.

Comment

• pajasonc
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2016

Got the upper back. Hornady amax still don't drop free from the chamber but they can be pulled out with the charging handle with a little effort. The sst's seem pretty easy to pull out with the charging handle. Wolf falls out of chamber as soon as the upper is turned to 2 o clock. All in all its now a fully working upper so I am happy. They did a hell of a job cleaning the thing when I got it back there wasn't a spec of dirt anywhere on the upper!

Comment

• NugginFutz
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by pajasonc View Post
                    Got the upper back. Hornady amax still don't drop free from the chamber but they can be pulled out with the charging handle with a little effort. The sst's seem pretty easy to pull out with the charging handle. Wolf falls out of chamber as soon as the upper is turned to 2 o clock. All in all its now a fully working upper so I am happy. They did a hell of a job cleaning the thing when I got it back there wasn't a spec of dirt anywhere on the upper!
                    Schweet! Glad to hear it.

I suspect that as a few hundred rounds are sent down the tube things will wear in a bit. I would seriously be interested in hearing at what round count the factory AMax rounds start to drop free, if ever.

ETA: Have you considered pulling the bullet from one of the AMaxes to see it the case wedges?
                    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• pajasonc
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2016

Question are the Amax longer than the sst

Comment

• Sticks
                        Chieftain
                        • Dec 2016

Different bullet shape. LRRP52 covered that in a thread around here not long ago.

I'd take a sharpie and cover the bullet/case from the shoulder froward, chamber a round then eject and look for any marks.
                        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• pajasonc
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                          Different bullet shape. LRRP52 covered that in a thread around here not long ago.

I'd take a sharpie and cover the bullet/case from the shoulder froward, chamber a round then eject and look for any marks.
                          Before I sent it in extraction with charging handle was almost impossible with both the sst and amax. On occasion you could get a round out but I also pulled a bullet doing it. Now the SSt come out fairly easily and the amax come out but it takes a little bit of effort. Much better than before. Gun always shot fine.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                            Super Moderator
                            • Sep 2014

AMAX is loaded longer than SST, which would explain the different manual extraction characteristics.
                            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• pajasonc
                              Warrior
                              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                              AMAX is loaded longer than SST, which would explain the different manual extraction characteristics.
                              I figured that must be the case. I definitely couldn't load those bullets any longer in my gun but as long as they can be loaded to factory length I am happy.

Comment

• doofus65
                                Bloodstained
                                • May 2017

Originally posted by pajasonc View Post
                                Question are the Amax longer than the sst
                                I just got a few boxes of both Hornady amax and sst. B/c I'm "that guy" I measured 4 rounds out of each box:
                                amax:2.2450 to 2.260
                                sst: 2.2405 to 2.2445

Comment

Working...
                                X