+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TPJS, you might consider the Burgara line (http://www.bergarausa.com). They offer a couple of chassis that are very reasonable, like just over a thousand. What you get is a chassis with a Rem 700 foot printed receiver made by them, a toroidal bolt face and the lapped barrel mounts via the Savage nut system. Oh and they really shoot.

Ice man, that looks like a very solid contender. Initial impressions are VERY close to ideal for what I'm looking for. Thanks a bunch!

Ive always had amazing luck with the tried and true r700 actions.

I've tried more cartridges than I dare admit... everything from 22-250AI to 338 Edge for my hunting and long range requirements, and when the dust was settled it is a 260 Remington thay I kept and continue to use. Fun, very low recoil, and stupid effective. Taken that cartridge to 1350 yards with amazing results. Last fall I harvested a 200 lbs black bear, a 850 pound bull moose and 246 pound whitetail all with a 260 Rem pushing a 143 ELD-X at a mild 2800 fps.

We had to usend our blue lacy to track down 2 bull moose thay were shot by both a 300 WSM and a 300 wm. Decent shots but the bulls ran 100-200 yards before laying down to expire..... just saying =p

Thanks kil, just the type of info I'm looking for. Thanks for the detailed write up.

An interesting note about the Burgara....the chief consultant in helping them get into firearms was Ed Shillen. Another thing I like in their design of their 700 clone receiver is the bolt release, they put it on the upper left side of the receiver. Also the chassis takes Magpul ASIS magazines which can be had at a reasonable price.
    Attached Images