X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laxpatrick
    Bloodstained
    • May 2015

I'd pick up a pre-loved RCBS RJ2 or similar. Got one from my late FIL, it does the job quite well and they can be had for $50 or so. Once I got comfy with that, I picked up a Hornady LNL progressive. Still use the RJ2 for the majority of my reloading...

Comment

• Singleshotsam
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2016

I was given a Lee press to start with and thats about what it was worth, it got me started, buy a RCBS rockchucker and be done with it, cut cost on other things. The Lee dies on straight walled brass [ 44mag. 444 357 and such] I have had good luck with, but not rifle brass,

Comment

• Chrazy-Chris
        Warrior
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by rwh View Post
        Funny how this thread got from budget reloading setup to the forster coax. I got into reloading to save money. I need to load about 12 million rounds for all my reloading gear to pay for itself. I use a forster coax and keep a redding big boss around just in case. My scale is an A&D FX120i. Dies alone are a serious investment and then there's all the gadgets for case trimming, priming, and the list goes on. If you are thinking about reloading to save money then I should warn you that it's a trap. If you are careful about spending and get yourself a good scale, a decent powder measure, a good priming tool, sturdy press, a decent case trimmer, a vibrating brass tumbler, a decent set of calipers and quality dies then you might be able to avoid blowing your life savings on all the little things that you absolutely don't need but must have.
        This is so true, not to mention the time (and oftentimes frustration) you'll spend putting in the work. I enjoy reloading in small doses but looking back on it, I'm pretty sure I haven't saved any money. There is something extremely gratifying about shooting a nice group with your own reloads or eating venison that you took with your own reloads shot through a rifle you assembled yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X