+ Reply to Thread

Angry ATF - 90 days and counting, still have not cashed my check

What I was hoping was going to be a painless first time buy, now looks like it's going to be a hassle.

Certified bank check still has not been cashed. Technically it expires today (do not cash after 90).

The gods do not want me to have this suppressor.....
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Warrior
    Probably got lost in the mail.... did you have tracking on the delivery?

My FFL is the one who handled that, and is getting the info....Was supposed to be getting it. Never got back to me yesterday.

ATF Has no record of the serial number, my name, anything.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Warrior
    I submitted my paperwork back in June, my check did not cash until December

Problem being my check is a Certified Bank Check - expired on 4/17 (do not cash after 90 days). Bank calls it a "Stale Check" after 180, and won't refund for 2 years if not cashed. Otherwise I have to do a stop payment and fee.

Planned obsolescence by the ATF? - Here is to hoping that the FFL finds it.
    Sticks

See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Problem being my check is a Certified Bank Check - expired on 4/17 (do not cash after 90 days). Bank calls it a "Stale Check" after 180, and won't refund for 2 years if not cashed. Otherwise I have to do a stop payment and fee.

Planned obsolescence by the ATF? - Here is to hoping that the FFL finds it.
    HMM. How much experience do you have with FFL? Hate to point fingers.... but that is where i would look first.

The ATF is quick to take funds and slow to approve. It's always been 10 days or less for the check to cash and 5-10 months for approval. I'm with keystone183 hate to point fingers but it starts at the FFL you used good luck
    "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison

As it would happen....

Probably the last time I use a box store to buy one. They filed it in the "Sent" folder. Overnight'd it the day after I called when the manager found it. At least they were up front and very candor about it.

Thank you for the additional 2.75 month wait on my approval guys.
    Sticks

See also Sheep